Sign in to follow this  
country2

OA Premium and IE9...IE freezes

I'm still having same issues I had on previous version with IE (9 now) when I go to my home page (msn) and click on any link it goes to the page and freezes when loading.

I can turn everything off in OA and this still happens but close out the OA program and all is fine. I can surf with FF and all is fine...anyone else? any ideas?

Something new happened this morning while the program was loading up....got this error message "instruction at 0x774a8da3 referenced memory at 0x00000014. The memory could not be written. click ok to terminate program"

Something new happened this morning while the program was loading up....got this error message "instruction at 0x774a8da3 referenced memory at 0x00000014. The memory could not be written. click ok to terminate program"

While IE9 was loading or while OA was loading?

Do you have Bit Defender added to OA's exclusions list and vice versa?

While IE9 was loading or while OA was loading?

Do you have Bit Defender added to OA's exclusions list and vice versa?

I didn't but do now. Now IE wont even connect and is added to OA program list to allow. Nothing shows blocked in the history.

Also the memory error happened when OA was loading.

I went and uninstalled it , rebooted installed it "with" IE running and selected trust everything on this computer and let it do its thing on the scan it does and rebooted again and all is good. This morning turned pc on AO comes up as in learning mode and I wait before doing anything per the popup message until its finish. Click on IE it freezes up, close IE and open it back up page looks like it loads but its froze up again clicking on any link on page does nothing and it crahes IE .Error message is as follows "Description:

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Application Name: iexplore.exe

Application Version: 9.0.8112.16421

Application Timestamp: 4d76255d

Hang Signature: 12df

Hang Type: 131073

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Hang Signature 1: 12df746cde4e1ea76e0b994dcfb51206

Additional Hang Signature 2: 011a

Additional Hang Signature 3: 011ae35e6105aa829341db1ef524325d

Additional Hang Signature 4: b22d

Additional Hang Signature 5: b22d00545e68c30b89590d649c8b6980

Additional Hang Signature 6: 2558

Additional Hang Signature 7: 2558acd388ba3f6e87ef2457cc7ee209

Again closing out the OA fixes this, running OA but deselecting all the functions IE will go to my homepage (msn.com) but clicking on any links results in freeze up of IE....firefox works fine.....

Is it the 64 bit IE you are having the problem with or the 32 bit IE?

Sorry thought I had it listed but I see I did not. Is 32 bit, Strange thing is I just tried the 64 bit IE and it works. So issue is just on the 32 bit

Hi country2,

Sorry for the late reply. We tried to reproduce the problem but unfortunately we weren't able to. Could you please try to disable Bitdefender to see if it is an incompatibility? If you still experience the same issue with Bitdefender disabled I would like to ask you to submit some debug logs of the problem. Instructions on how to obtain those debug logs can be found here:

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/2999-debug-mode-logs-how-to-get-them/

Instead of sending the logs via mail though please attach the resulting ZIP archive to your next reply here.

Thanks.

Hi country2,

Thanks for supplying the debug logs. Are you sure you disabled Bitdefender completely? Because some Bitdefender components still show up in the logs.

Fabian Wosar, its me (country2) for some reason could log in but would not let me post or try and contact a mod so I created another account. I had BitDefender manually turned off as far as "live" protection as wouldn't let me turn off the service and did not want to uninstall it all the way until I found my key...I have just uninstalled it from windows and rebooted and all is good. Looks like a issue between it and OA.

Going to re-install BitDefender and see what happens now. Thanks for the help and sorry for not mentioning that auto protect was just turned off on antivirus instead of completely removed.

Fabian Wosar, its me (country2) for some reason could log in but would not let me post or try and contact a mod so I created another account. I had BitDefender manually turned off as far as "live" protection as wouldn't let me turn off the service and did not want to uninstall it all the way until I found my key...I have just uninstalled it from windows and rebooted and all is good. Looks like a issue between it and OA.

Going to re-install BitDefender and see what happens now. Thanks for the help and sorry for not mentioning that auto protect was just turned off on antivirus instead of completely removed.

Well re-installed bitdefender and issue comes back, looks like BD and OA don't play nice together with IE 32 bit. Since flash is now working on the 64 bit version of IE I'll just use it...so guess it'll be OK

Well re-installed bitdefender and issue comes back, looks like BD and OA don't play nice together with IE 32 bit. Since flash is now working on the 64 bit version of IE I'll just use it...so guess it'll be OK

Ok. I will look into the issue and will try to contact Bitdefender to get the issue fixed.

Thanks, should I go ahead and post another log file with BD removed? I have not seen this issue posted anywhere so its pretty much a issue isolated on my pc so may be unsolvable if not able to reproduce....?