Sign in to follow this  
Goolwa

Run Safer Green Border IE8

I have just upgraded from an early version of OA to the latest version. IE8 and OutLook were operating in RunSafer mode with the green border in the earlier version.

Since updating IE8 will not run in runsafer mode at all. OutLook will run in runsafer mode. Have checked in the program files to make sure the correct exe files are highlighted for runsafer mode.

Have turned off "show colored border on programms set to runsafer" in Programs\Options and then turned back on. Has made know difference at all.

Have reinstalled OA but has made know difference at all. Any ideas on how to fix the problem at all.

Regards

Goolwa

It may be just that the green border is not displaying for some strange reason, but the program is actually still running Safer. Are you able to access the Windows update website in IE8 while it is set to RunSafer? If you see a message on the site saying it requires admin rights, then IE8 would be running Safer even if the green border isn't present.

It may be just that the green border is not displaying for some strange reason, but the program is actually still running Safer. Are you able to access the Windows update website in IE8 while it is set to RunSafer? If you see a message on the site saying it requires admin rights, then IE8 would be running Safer even if the green border isn't present.

Hi Catprincess,

Thank You for your reply.I am able to access Windows update website with IE8 in runsafer mode.

This computer is one of two which was updated from an early version of OA 4.0.0.10 and 4.0.0.40 to the current version.

These two computers with the early version of OA I have had problems with installation.

One I was able to fix.Seems unusual that two computers running earlier versions of OA have had installation problems.

I updated another computer which was running a much older version of OA to the current version and have had know problems at all.

I only have this computer with IE8 running in runsafer mode problem to fix know.

I rechecked settings in Program\Options and iexplore.exe is highlighted to runsafer mode.

I should have stated in previous post that the the computer is running XP Professional. SP3

Regards

Goolwa

Hi Catprincess,

thank You for your reply. No I am not running IE8 in any kind of sandbox enviroment at all. It was working OK prior to the upgrade. Maybe Its just coincidence that two computers with early versions of OA have had installation problems. Hope we can solve the problem. Again thanks for your help.

Regards

Goolwa

Hi,

Same problem here (green border missing) but :

- when i go to windows update page from ie8 (without green border) i have the error message asking for admin rights

- when i launch ie8 from OA (status page, links on the right), it's ok (green border shows around ie8)

So, at least in my case, it seems the green border is just not showing for some reasons.

I also tried other "runsafer", it shows on some of them (word), not on others (minimize).

Limande (also on xp pro sp3)

Hi CatPrincess do you have any other ideas how to fix this problem. IE8 set to RunSafer Mode but allowing connection to Microsoft updates. Know Green Border shown at all.

Regards

Goolwa

Hi Catprincess. It certaintly is a weird one. Yes I have put it back to runnormal and reset to runsafer and it has not made any difference at all. Have rechecked to make sure that I have highlighted the correct file for IE8 which is iexplore.exe. I will keep on looking to see if I can work it out.

Regards

Goolwa

Add me to the "sometimes it shows, sometimes it doesn't" green border crowd. OA5 Win7 32. It is totally random on whether it shows or not when set to RunSafer from the programs list. It *always* shows when the program is set to RunNormal and I launch it from the RunSafer context menu. Firefox, IE8, Foxit, VLC, WMP, IrfanView....all random. I believe it also always shows when another program launches a RunSafer one (like an http link in an email), bit I'm not 100% on this. Happened in 4.5 as well.

P

And add me to the "it doesn't show up at all" group.

I normally go to Windows updates with OA turned off, so as a result of this thread tried it with OA active. I can get there without the "administrator" message.

At the moment (1.05pm 29/04 in Oz) I am still on 4.5.1.431

XP SP3; IE8; OA Premium; Avast Free v6.0.1091; Spybot S&D