Sign in to follow this  
Guest SafeSurf

OA Prem. 5.0.0.1100 Failed PC Flank Test

Guest SafeSurf

I just ran a PC Flank test on OA Premium v.5.0.0.1100 and it failed the test (leaky firewall). However when I ran GRC and Security Metrics, it showed I was stealth. I use a wired router and never had a problem with being "leaky" before this version update. Is anyone else having this problem with this version? Thanks.

where u got build 1100

It's available via automatic updates :)

Test again w/o your router :rolleyes:

Regards,

Tyler

Leak tests (unlike tests for port stealth) aren't related to whether or not you have a router.

I just ran a PC Flank test on OA Premium v.5.0.0.1100 and it failed the test (leaky firewall). However when I ran GRC and Security Metrics, it showed I was stealth. I use a wired router and never had a problem with being "leaky" before this version update. Is anyone else having this problem with this version? Thanks.

The PC flank test seemed to pass okay for me. However, I've heard talk in the past that this test is not terribly reliable anyway so with regards to this, I wouldn't be all that surprised if it passed for some people and failed for others. I'm not sure if this is still the case, but in the past, you could be disconnected from the internet and run the test and it would say it had failed.

hello!for me О. does not renovate And. Premium to the version of v.5.0.0.1100....prescribed the same as and before 5.0.0.097.why?)autoupdating is included.

hello!for me О. does not renovate And. Premium to the version of v.5.0.0.1100....prescribed the same as and before 5.0.0.097.why?)autoupdating is included.

The updates go out to users gradually. So not everyone will receive them at the same time.

@catprincess

Leak tests (unlike tests for port stealth) aren't related to whether or not you have a router.

My fault,thank you for your dismiss. :)

Regards,

Tyler

Guest SafeSurf

This thread has gotten very off topic (OT), so I'd like to get it back on topic to my original post, thank you.

I realize that there are different tests, as I'm sure during the development and alpha and beta testing they went through this. I was one of OA's beta testers, but when Emsi went over to this forum, for some reason I lost my beta status and became a "new member" and now I'm told they have enough beta testers. That's fine. And Cat is correct in that versions do roll out in increments...so those of you without this version...don't worry about it.

Since I can no longer get into the beta forum, I just did another test on the following with v.5.0.0.1100:

On XP-Home with the Signature listed below, the PC Flank Test fails/leaks

On XP-Pro with the Signature below minus Prevx, the PC Flank Test fails/leaks

On Vista 32-bit with the Signature below minus Prevx, the PC Flank Test fails/leaks

I currently cannot run any further tests at the moment and need to sign off due to severe storms and ...ooops I'm on back up power with no electricity. Perhaps one of the devs. or beta testers have more insight into this situation. If there is a different leak test that they suggest, please let me know. Thank you.

Hi SafeSurf,

What tests are you referring to exactly? The Security Metrics one looks to be a ports scan. GRC (and I think PC Flank) hosts both a leak test and a port scan (I only looked at the PC Flank leak test since I thought that was what you ran). Originally it seemed as though you were referring to leak tests, however you have also mentioned "stealth" which isn't related to leak tests, and relates only to port scans. If I have misunderstood you and you are actually try to testing your ports for stealth, then what Tyler said earlier about your router, would indeed apply :)

Guest SafeSurf

I apologize for the delay in responding, but the weather has been quite bad with no electricity.

Yes I did do the tests you mentioned in your previous posts Cat, to check for ports, and they all passed with flying colors. :thumbs:

If I were to test without my router, I would have no access to the Internet. Is this what you are suggesting (as Tyler suggested) if I understand you correctly? For the PC Flank test (to check for leaks) to run, you need Internet access, and this requires Internet access, so I would I do this without a router. I do not have WiFi. Thank you.