Sign in to follow this  
Goolwa

OA 5.00 Banking Mode

When using IE8 in Banking Mode for instance if you go into ebay.com.au it will not allow access. If you disable Banking Mode and refresh browser you will go to the ebay site.

Now if you enable Banking Mode again and refresh browser it will still access ebay in Banking mode. Is this susposed to happen. Shouldn't be blocked.

I know if you close down IE8 and reopen in IE8 Banking Mode in a new browser ebay site is blocked.

Could they please make the Banking Mode icon much more brighter. It is to faint and to hard to see if it is on.

I know when IE8 starts in Banking Mode ninemsn.com.au is always allowed. I presume it is to do with being an allowed site?

Regards

Goolwa

Any sites that are either Trusted or Protected are accessible in Banking mode. I'm not sure if that includes ebay in your case or not. If not, the site is most likely being loaded from the browser cache the second time. You could check this by deleting temporary internet files after accessing ebay in normal mode, before you try accessing it in Banking mode.

Hi Cat princess,

Thanks again for your reply. Maybe ebay.com was a bad example to give. I cannot see where it is listed in my list of trusted domains so I presume it is trusted by oasis.

I started with a clean sheet and deleted all the browsing history files in IE8. Able to access ebay.com in normal mode. Deleted all files in IE8 put OA into Banking Mode and then tried accessing eBay. I was able to access eBay.

I deleted all the browsing history files again in IE8 and shut down the browser and then reopened it again in Banking Mode and was unable to access eBay.

I am getting conflicting results when I visit other sites which is making it more confusing than ever to me.

I can understand that trusted and protected sites are accessible in Banking Mode but I am getting onflicting results which show some sites having access to the internet which are not trusted or protected in Banking Mode.

Regards

Goolwa

If you are running an AV that uses a local proxy, and you've excluded the AV in OA, then this will cause other sites to be accessible in Banking mode. I'm not sure if this applies to your setup or not though.

Any sites that are either Trusted or Protected are accessible in Banking mode.

Hi,

Banking mode still not working for me.

I have tried with opera and IE8 in trusted and protected mode.

I can't access to virtual keyboard that provide my bank.

Regards

PS. i'll try to pm you a screenshot.

Hi Catprincess,

I am using Eset NOD32 and it is not excluded in OA. I know Eset uses a proxy so it has not been put in the exclusion list.

Will do a bit more testing during the weekend when I have more time.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Goolwa

It might be a good idea to start your own thread about your problem :) Are you using OA 5.0? Did you follow the procedure for Learning bank sites as outlined here http://www.emsisoft.com/en/info/oa/KF-Banking.html?

I'm sorry but I'm not able to read any languages other than English, so your screenshot doesn't mean a whole lot to me. If it's French, you can post in the French section for assistance. Otherwise we are probably going to need a more detailed description of exactly what the problem is since I don't know where a virtual keyboard is supposed to appear on that page or how your bank site page should usually look when there isn't a problem with it.