question about adobe flash player

hello,

since few dayes i downloaded adobe flash player by opera browser but it was trojan downloader

and i was download it with fire fox with out problems

but today it was trojan downloader and the same with safari browser

i downloaded it from its site http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

iwant to know what is it for emsisoft

i will wait your answer.

thanks

Hi elbasha bisso, welcome to the forum

The site you've posted is legit and Flash must be updated

Please read this recent announcement & you can read the whole thread if you want. We are trying to report/discuss/ etc. all news re: Flash / FireFox / Java...

at the same time your message in unclear

What were the flaggings?

What are you using? The whole EAM Suite or Mamutu; versions; are you accepting beta updates; are you using "Paranoid Mode"?... etc.

Be more specific with details

Please provide more detailed information about your System Environment as in Forum Posting Rules #2)

My regards

p.s. {added} the link you provided is the one for Firefox, Safari & Opera

see http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/765-adobe-flash/page__view__findpost__p__4314

If you are using IE as well download & install IE ActiveX & sure the standalone one has to be updated

There were no Alerts whatsoever by any security neither on XP with Mamutu beta nor on Win7 x64 where full EAM beta is in place ... both are set to "Paranoid Mode"

thanks dear Lynx,but

the problem in update

when i had try to download the last version it was trojan downloader

i downloaded it by opera,safari and firfox (all of them are the last version)

first i think that opera is not safe but the same thing happend with safari and now with firfox

when i want to download the last version of flash player it was trojan downloader

and i wan't to know if it be not safe i can use microsoft silverlit.

i can give you pic to the problem if you need.

Hello again , elbasha bisso

No <>.GIf was attached, but anyway as in my reply and in the post by H_D - please be more specific about what software is flagging Flash Update and attach the report, please

What are you trying to download from FileHippo?

That is quite reliable site, but anyway Flash updates can be and rather be downloaded from Adobe site, which actually was posted initially

{added} I can see the GIF now, when using "Quote"

That's Malwarebytes that is flagging it.

In addition you are using real-time of MBAM as far as I can see. Sure it does not matter which browser is in place

Please post that as False Positive request to MBAM developers in order to resolve the matter

My regards

hello Lynx,

thank you for your answer,

i was try to download Flash Player 10.2.159.1 (Non-IE)from fillhippo

http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_firefox/

but tha same thing happened with download

I told Malwarebytes what had happened and they asked to post the file to check and they said that it's may be fals

but iam useing onlin armore and it was blocked th activex frome sites in v4

but in v5rc & v5 it isn't block it. i don't know why.

i will tell you what they will say.

thanks alot my dear Lynx.

basseam.

hello Lynx,

when i asked in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Support they asked me to try download by browsers with out download manager

i'm useing Internet Download Manager

I tried downloaded by the browser and flash were downloaded

the error in the download manager it's not safe.

i downloaded it by internet explorer,firefox,opera & safari they all good

the problem that it was just with opera but after that became with safari then firfox

so i wasn't doubt in download manger it was good with others.

and i will wait to know what should to do

thanks and if you know any thing else please tell me to do it.

i want to know if internet download manager is not safe

it's not flag as good or bad to any security program

thanks alot

When you download the file without using the download manager is the file still identified as being infected? So, can you disable your download manager and try to download the file again using the Adobe Download Manager, please.

hello every one, :)

I thought that the download manager isn't safe

at malwarebytes' anti-malware support forums they asked me to uninstall one of the security programs

but i have uninstalled all security programs then i have installed each one alone and i have tried to download flash player

after i have installed online armor the problem backed to me :excl:

the problem with online armor but i don't know what's the error :excl:

I will wait for your analysis of the problem.

Regards

Hi elbasha bisso

The problem here in the 1st place is - you did not provide the precise set of security you are running as it was asked in #2

Sure, you have to run AV + decent 3rd party Firewall like OA

As for "+ antimalware" , well EAM is full AV solution & anti-malware & behavioral blocker/ etc.

"alot to try" as in "Other:" is quite unclear. At least please make all needed mutual exclusions involving AV(s) and OA..., have only one AV with real-time resident present, so your multiple security are not monitoring each other. You can avoid subsequent conflicts/clashes

You did not answer the question by H_D #9

Then, what Download manager in particular you are using?

The answer by Malwarebytes is not convincing answer by any means (at least for my taste)

Furthermore, as in you previous post you stated that you found that OA is responsible

...after i have installed online armor the problem backed to me...

That is very unclear. Do you mean that in case Malwarebytes is uninstalled / or it's real-time protection is disabled you have some kinda new trouble related to you Download Manager(again which is what?) and OA?

If so, please post into OA section of the forum.

Considering that you will provide all information you were asked about here - you'll get professional help re: alleged conflict between OA and the mysterious Download Manager

Anyways, again with Adobe site mentioned you should not have any troubles uninstalling/installing the latest Flash without using Download Manager, as H_D suggested. Please test that

My regards

hi lynx,

Hi elbasha bisso

The problem here in the 1st place is - you did not provide the precise set of security you are running as it was asked in #2

ESET Smart Security , Online Armor , Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware & Microsoft Security Essentials

You did not answer the question by H_D #9

Then, what Download manager in particular you are using?

hello Lynx,

i'm useing Internet Download Manager

thanks alot

the programe is internet download maneger

That is very unclear. Do you mean that in case Malwarebytes is uninstalled / or it's real-time protection is disabled you have some kinda new trouble related to you Download Manager(again which is what?) and OA?

when i disabled mbam didn't cause any problems then i run it and disabled all security programs and tried to download flash but it was the same problem

so i removed all programs and run mbam and installed each program individually and tried to download flash every time

when i installed oa with mbam and tried to download adobe flash the same problem as apicture has happened

and it's fresh windows and i'm useing ccleaner & regcleaner.

the first windows it was happend when i trying to download it from opera i was think that opera not safe

they asked that file at Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Support

outorun and if you need hijack report ok.

it's fresh windows in the past windows the same thing was happening and i was useing different programs

i love to try programs to know it's advantages and disadvantages and which is compatible or incompatible

i hope to know the cause of the problem

thanks too much

So what happens when you disable Internet Download Manager so it cannot run, leave MBAM running and use the Adobe Download Manager to download the file?

Have you made sure that all your security programs exclude each other? Which antivirus/antimalware programs are resident in memory (running all the time) and which programs are on-demand-only? You should ideally have just one AV program resident at any one time.

i've removed all protection programs and left mbam and when i installed oa and tried to download by internet download manager

the same problem happened only with flash player. all programs are trusted at oa but when i uninstalled it the problem solved

also i tried to disabled oa but nothing happened and the same problem

but when i disabled idm and downloaded by browser no problems happened

it may also occur with other programs or files

but it will be know because mbam does not attack the infected file only after downloaded and extracted

now i want to know what's wrong? and why it accurs? and what's the solution with out removeing oa?

Then you should follow the advice given by Lynx and you should post in the Online Armour section of the forum. Obviously, OA and IDM have some issue and the OA team need to be aware of it.

Have you also tried contacting Internet Download Manager's support team?

There is not much point in continuing this thread as you have now determined which combination of software causes the issues you are experiencing.

hello all people, :)

i will do that if you asked after you read this:

the problem was with idm i found some files was allowed but not trusted at oa so it cause the error.

i tried it because of the browser was downloaded without problems so the error at idm

but the question is why this error happened with mbam and oa it must to be compatible together and with other protection programs

this files must to be allowed and trusted at ao (not just allowed or just trusted i tried)

C:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\IDMan.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\IDMIECC.dll

C:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\idmfsa.dll

thanks dear h_d,lynx and evrey one who answered but i will still waiting your replay

I have no idea.

Are you saying now that once you have trusted those files you can download the flash player without it being identified as being infected with malware? If so, then your problem is solved. If you wish to take it further, either:

1. Contact Support via the customer login page and reference this thread.

Or

2. Post in the OA forum. However, if your problem is solved they might not be able to offer further help. It may be worth trying though as those guys are very good.