Sign in to follow this  

a2service.exe

what is the best way to stop a2service.exe? i'm getting ready to do an image backup of my system and i'm wanting to install fresh and updated software. i've had a2 on my system for years. 2.0 to present. i used revo uninstaller to remove a2 but the exe file remains. i want to delete and then reinstall a2. thanks

Hi topo,

Welcome to the forum.

Please read Posting Rules and provide information as in # 2) about your system

Usually traditional uninstallation via Add/Remove does the job. The service is stopped and then file deleted by uninstaller.

In some rare cases that may fail. Revo is an excellent Tool (with some minor bugs though, that I know about), but it should use the native uninstaller first. So, probably you got into that rare situation.

Personally I always stopping the service prior to uninstall.

- Start/Run and type “services.msc ” (no quotes)

- find "a-squared Free Service"

- Right-Click and choose Stop from pop-up menu.

The above is mainly enough, but you may consider even Disable it (use Properties) and Reboot prior to uninstallation.

I hope that will help.

If there are still problems you may consider manual “Clean Uninstall” procedure described in our old forum

My regards

what is the best way to stop a2service.exe? i'm getting ready to do an image backup of my system and i'm wanting to install fresh and updated software. i've had a2 on my system for years. 2.0 to present. i used revo uninstaller to remove a2 but the exe file remains. i want to delete and then reinstall a2. thanks

lynx, thanks for your help. have reinstalled, updated, and ran a scan