elbasha bisso

problem with oa+idm+mbam it has solved but...

hello, :)

i was have a problem that when i was trying to download adobe flash player it was give trojan downloader

trojan-downloader.gif

i'm useing eset (av)+ mbam (am) + ao (antivirus + antimalware + firewall = Complete protection)

first i was think that browser isn't safe it wase happen with opera but after that it happened with sfari and then with fire fox

i said that flash player isn't safe so i have been told Emsisoft Support Forums and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Support

both of them asked me to tell you and they tried to solve the problem

in the end the problem was with idm i found some files was allowed but not trusted at oa so it cause the error

i tried it because of the browser was downloaded without problems so the error at idm

this files must to be allowed and trusted at ao (not just allowed or just trusted i tried)

C:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\IDMan.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\IDMIECC.dll

C:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\idmfsa.dll

note: i have tried alot of firewalls it was working good with av & am

i don't trust any programe unless i know what will it doing

idm if you untrusted it or asked the firewall to asked before work to know about it

it will send hock mouse the programe is stranger as i think.

but the question is why this error happened with mbam and oa it must to be compatible together and with other protection programs

regards,

i'll still waiting your replay god willing.

Just to clarify this, after looking at your other threads and comparing with this one, it's not clear what actual security programs you currently have as the other threads say different things to this one. Do you still have Microsoft Security Essentials and Eset Smart Security both installed? Both these programs contain an Antivirus and you need to pick just one of them if you have both installed. Also, if you have Eset Smart Security installed, you can't have OA installed at the same time. Eset Smart Security has a firewall, like OA does and you should only have one firewall installed at any one time.

So what exactly do you have installed right now? Only one firewall and one antivirus?

Do you have MBAM added to OA's exclusions list under Options -> Exclusions? I assume based on your other thread that you have already excluded OA in MBAM but I don't know if you have excluded MBAM in OA.

yes i have installed av + oa + mb and the problem was happening until i allowed and trusted these files:

C:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\IDMan.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\IDMIECC.dll

C:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\idmfsa.dll

i tried to un trusted one of them or make it to be asked the problem backed again

and if you like i can remove av and just use oa + mbam + idm and try i'll again.

That's okay, there's no need to remove your AV :) You have not answered the question about adding MBAM to OA's exclusions list yet though. Trusting the files in question is certainly the recommended course of action, although it may be possible for them to be left unknown if MBAM is excluded.

I can understand why Catprincess is asking you to exclude all the mbam folder.

However I find it very strange that you say that if you do not exclude mbam, and you download flash through your download manager when you have OA installed, you get a trojan warning from mbam.

This does not happen if you trust the IDM files.

If you trust the IDM files mbam does not flag flash as a trojan.

The above only happens with OA installed.

Very strange

it's strange thing for me too and the stranger that mbam does not attack the files before the completion of the loading

and extracting or opening it's folder (Normally Malwarebytes only detects items when they attempt to execute) :excl:

Unfortunately it won't be possible to add these particular files to OA's exclusions since they are in the Windows drivers folder. Even if they could be added, it may not have made a difference; it was really just one last suggestion to try. Emsisoft may have further comments though perhaps :)

I really think the best thing to do, is what you have already done to resolve the problem; to Trust the Download Manager's files in OA's program's list. I think you said that you didn't like to Trust this program because it wants to set hooks? If you are referring to global hooks, you can block these manually for a Trusted program if you wish, by double clicking the program in the Program's list and setting the Advanced Permissions (they are shown here http://www.emsisoft.com/en/info/oa/Programs.html#advanced).

thanks too much catprincess

i have already blocked hock mouse when it was sent

if you trusted and allowed all files that idm want to run it will not sending that

but if you asked any firewall to ask you about this files before running every time it will send the hack to your pc

the same thing if you untrusted those files.

but the problem and the question is why was that happened? and what's your analysis to it? :rolleyes:

best regards. :)

Sorry, I don't really understand what you are saying here about your download manager sending a hack to your computer. If you think the download manager is a suspicious program, I'm not sure why you would be running it at all? On the other hand, if you think the download manager is a trustworthy program, you should just trust it's files in OA and then you won't have these programs with MBAM :)

why mbam has detected the files before the completion of download? :rolleyes::excl:

I don't know, but since MBAM is the program detecting something, I would think MBAM's support would be one's that you'd need to ask about this.

i have allready asked them and they said that

It looks like it's just the combination of software causing this for some reason. Normally Malwarebytes only detects items when they attempt to execute, but for some reason Online Armor is analyzing the files in such a way that they are being mapped to memory, even before the download is complete, which is triggering a detection in Malwarebytes because before the download is done, the parts of the file must actually look like an infection in our database.

Given this scenario, excluding IDM as you did would be the only solution.

but it's strange thing and i don't know the true reson and i was want to know your analaysis to the error.

thanks too much

best regards :)