hello,

firstly,

I went here and followed the directions: START HERE, if you don't we are just going to send you back to this thread

I downloaded the 3 required files. the first file the emergency kit is meant to be a zip file... the file i downloaded from YOUR directions / LINK is the wrong file.... I think your link is outdated..have a look.. http://download.cnet.com/Emsisoft-Anti-Malware/3000-2239_4-10292236.html?part=dl-6251182&subj=dl&tag=button

its not the emergency kit, its the anti malware.exe

So i wasted 100mb downloading that.

so I then went to the emisoft website and download the emergency kit from there, another 99Mb... this file was a zip file like its meant to be, but when i try and open it i get the following message. " the compressed zip file is invalid....

so in attempting to download the emegency kit from 2 differnt locations Ive ended up with 2 useless file and wasted over 199 Mb of my internet allowance... Which is a lot for someone like me whos on a limited internet plan

Im not going to attempt to download the emergency kit again as ive wasted far too much data already for nothing. so please can someone advise me how to get rid of these cookies

Im currently using anti malware free edition and just have a small problem i would like some help with.. I did the scan last night and it found 7 cookies.... I know they are probably harmless as it says low risk... my problem is i cant delete or quarantine them. when i try i get this message....

PC\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\[email protected][1].txt - File not found

C:\Users\My PC\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\[email protected][2].txt - File not found

C:\Users\My PC\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\[email protected][2].txt - File not found

C:\Users\My PC\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\[email protected][1].txt - File not found

C:\Users\My PC\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\[email protected][1].txt - File not found

thanks Jason

Although the link they provided seems to be wrong, I did what you did and downloaded it from the Emsisoft website. It says to create a folder on your desktop named ''EEK'' and save the unzipped file here. I did his and it worked perfectly, hope this helps :)

Yeah, I downloaded the emergency kit from the main website...I created the folder EEK, but when i try and unzip it, it says its invalid.

I dont know.... very frustrated now... wasting all that data for nothing. hope u have some luck with it

Yeah, I downloaded the emergency kit from the main website...I created the folder EEK, but when i try and unzip it, it says its invalid.

I dont know.... very frustrated now... wasting all that data for nothing. hope u have some luck with it

Still no support from tech people here :mellow:

I guess its the time zone difference ?

Anyhow, i did another scan with the anti malware but this time i used the quick scan and not the full scan....this time it let me delete the files....

So maybe theres a bug in the software. ? just wondering why it wouldnt let me delete them when i used the full scan, but when i use the quick scan it does let me ?

thanks

Jason

All unauthorized responses have been deleted. Only approved individuals are allowed to respond to Malware Removal support threads.

Jason, as you surmised cookies are harmless text files, and are easily removed from with in the browser itself or using tools such as CCleaner. However, the browser must be closed before cookies can be removed with third-party tools.

The out-dated download link has been corrected.

All unauthorized responses have been deleted. Only approved individuals are allowed to respond to Malware Removal support threads.

Jason, as you surmised cookies are harmless text files, and are easily removed from with in the browser itself or using tools such as CCleaner. However, the browser must be closed before cookies can be removed with third-party tools.

The out-dated download link has been corrected.

thanks for correcting the link.

I used the CCleaner and all seems good.

thanks

Jason