Sign in to follow this  
erniemink

Freezes during wizard

I recently installed the trial version of online armor premium which supports Windows 7, 32-bit but during the wizard after it gets to "Exploring Start Menu", it just hangs and doesn't go anywhere. I have tried uninstalling, running ccleaner registry cleaner and cleaner wizard and then reinstalling, but it always does the same thing at the same place. I tried it on different computers and got the same issue. WHY? HOW DO I FIX THIS? Attached is a screen shot of what happens and where it is at

I recently installed the trial version of online armor premium which supports Windows 7, 32-bit but during the wizard after it gets to "Exploring Start Menu", it just hangs and doesn't go anywhere. I have tried uninstalling, running ccleaner registry cleaner and cleaner wizard and then reinstalling, but it always does the same thing at the same place. I tried it on different computers and got the same issue. WHY? HOW DO I FIX THIS? Attached is a screen shot of what happens and where it is at

Hi erniemink,

Sorry you have problems with OA.

As a workaround you can click "stop" button as soon as OA gets to the "Exploring start menu" step.

As for the issue - could you please provide details about your OS and pm me your system information file? (.nfo)

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Andrey.

I upgraded my last two machines to OA 5 a couple weeks ago and both had the same problem. My main PC had no such issues and run the same basic software. I ended up doing what you are not really supposed to do-- I did a backup of my own settings and imported them into the two new machines and then had to go in and edit many of the settings to get OA to work properly with those systems.