Sign in to follow this  
queenslander

Should this really happen?

I have just been updated to v5.0.0.110 a few days ago.

For some reason that I can't remember, I looked at the web domains list. I saw that every one (other than the ones I have blocked or protected) was set to "Trusted"

Should they all be set to trusted? I seems that the choices are limited to Protect; Block; Add; Edit or delete. Many of the names are a mystery to me, so I don't know what to do about it.

No way of not trusting them, or am I missing something

Now that content blocking has been removed, the "Allowed" status doesn't apply since that setting was used to restrict certain page content. "Trusted" means that the domain is accessible in any mode in OA and that BITS jobs associated with that domain will also be allowed. If you don't want these domains to have these permissions, you can just delete all of them (OA will still prompt for BITS jobs). With the way Web Shield works now, it's not necessary to have all the domains you may have needed to Trust in the past (to make them work properly) present in the Domains list.

"Not Trusted" is still present as a status, but it is only used in the case where you have denied a BITS job. It just means BITS jobs associated with that domain are not allowed, but the domain itself is still accessible by your browser or other programs.

You can read more about these settings here :)http://www.emsisoft.com/en/info/oa/Domains.html

Once again, thanks catprincess. :thumbs:

I guess I paniced because I thought that in previous versions there was an "Unknown" category. Seeing them all Trusted worried my non tech mind :(

No worries, queenslander :) The domains list is a lot easier to work with now, as you can just delete any entries that may have accumulated there from when content filtering was still present and just leave your banking sites (as either Trusted or Protected) and any sites you think are undesirable enough that you want to Block them completely.