jjb2011

Program Guard + Learning Mode = Run Safer Without HIPs?

The one feature I love about online armor -- and I would pay a small amount for it -- is the "Run Safer" (Drop My Rights) feature. I turn off all other features except for the Program Guard that enables "Run Safer."

BUT . . . I hate the constant HIPs popups (I dislike HIPs in general but that's a user preference).

Is this a solution? I read about Learning Mode, turned it on, and now I get the Run Safer Green Border without popups. Does that mean Run Safer is working properly? If so, I think Emsisoft ought to consider selling this as a separate product.

Learning mode is not meant to be left on indefinitely. You could be putting yourself at risk if you leave it on all the time.

Do you have the things in your OA programs list set as trusted and green in colour?

Learning mode is not meant to be left on indefinitely. You could be putting yourself at risk if you leave it on all the time.

Do you have the things in your OA programs list set as trusted and green in colour?

What risk that I wouldn't have if I had no HIPs running? I still have selected Internet-facing apps to be "Run Safe." And I still have my other antivirus layers. If the "risk" = no HIPs then I'll take it.

What risk that I wouldn't have if I had no HIPs running? I still have selected Internet-facing apps to be "Run Safe." And I still have my other antivirus layers. If the "risk" = no HIPs then I'll take it.

PS: And those apps are still Green Bordered. According to Process Explorer the only Privilege listed is

SeChangeNotifyPrivilege Default Enabled

Nothing else.