Sign in to follow this  
Castayr

Not able to Start Online Armore after reboot

So my problem is that Online Armor works fine until i run a registry defrag, and after running it i reboot my computer, when i log back in i have no internet connection and online armor wont start any suggestions on how to fix this as im not exactly sure whats happening?

I used a restore point to fix my connection, but OA still wont start. Also id rather not switch to another firewall as i like this one more than the others that ive tried, yet this seems to be the only one thats has problems after a registry defrag.

also when i logged back in this morning it asked me for a serial number, yet i installed the free version, and would it help if i ran a debug mode and redo what i did yesturday and send the logs?

Well the registry defrag program that i use is Wondershare registry defrag, and its happened both times when ive done it so it wasnt just a one time thing, the first time was when i was testing out a few other firewalls, and the second one was last night.

Also with the network problem it could be that it messes something up with my wifi software as im on a laptop when i use it, though like i said i didnt have any problems with defragging with other firewalls.

Just to be sure I'm not misunderstanding you, you were testing out other firewalls while OA was still installed? Do you currently have any other firewalls installed?

Just to be sure I'm not misunderstanding you, you were testing out other firewalls while OA was still installed? Do you currently have any other firewalls installed?

well actually, i was testing out other firewalls, and no i didnt install them all at the same time, i tried one for a few weeks then uninstalled it and tried another. Im currently using the vista firewall since i cant get Online Armor to start.

well actually, i was testing out other firewalls, and no i didnt install them all at the same time, i tried one for a few weeks then uninstalled it and tried another. Im currently using the vista firewall since i cant get Online Armor to start.

Hi Castayr

The registry defragger is probably the culprit. Generally these programs do very little good, and screw things up on the computer. I would completely uninstall Online Armor and then do a from scratch install. If it works you are fortunate. If not, you may have a big problem as there is no telling what else is messed up. Get rid of that registry defragger, it's hurting you.

Pete

Well considering i havent had any problems with it until i ran it with online armor, and that ive been using it for years with no problems i find it had to believe that it will do more harm than good to my computer, so instead i just went with another firewall.

Btw, id would of rather had someone from u guys try and replicate the problem and see if could of found away for both of them to work, than for me to move onto another firewall.

Okay, so you'd finished testing other firewalls and then you installed OA and did the defrag and rebooted and immediately lost your internet connection and Online Armor wouldn't start? I'm not clear on what happened after this though? Did you then reinstall OA again and the problem occurred again after another defrag or were you able to get OA to start after the first instance of the problem?

Okay, so you'd finished testing other firewalls and then you installed OA and did the defrag and rebooted and immediately lost your internet connection and Online Armor wouldn't start? I'm not clear on what happened after this though? Did you then reinstall OA again and the problem occurred again after another defrag or were you able to get OA to start after the first instance of the problem?

Well i did test some firewalls, but that was before i reformated my computer and that was a few weeks ago. Id already then decided that i liked Online Armor the best out of the ones i tried(Zone Alarm, Privatefirewall, Outpost Security Suite{No Av}, PC Tools firewall, and Comodo Firewall). The first time it happened i thought it was maybe something with computer since i knew i had a few problems with it then so i just assumed it was something wrong with my computer, but after trying again after i had reformated my computer, i found out that they dont seem to work well with each other. I tried uninstalling it, but that didnt work(though im not sure if it was because of the restore point or if it was because of the defragmenter) then i thought id try and reinstall it over the existing one and that worked, well actually it asked if i wanted to upgrade, or install fresh and i choose the option to upgrade and it worked after i had rebooted. Then after i uninstalled it and im using Comodo Firewall at the moment.

Ill reinstall Online Armor if you want me to choose the debug option and do as a did before and defrag the registry while Online Armor is install, and send the logs if thats what you guys want me to do.

When you tried the other firewalls (FW), did you use the vendor's uninstaller tools to uninstall or some other third-party uninstaller or another way? Some of the FW's you mentioned leave remnants behind if not properly uninstalled.

You might also want to run a cleaner if you haven't already.

When you did a system restore, you may have restored back to a state of having registries and or drivers from an uninstalled FW, leaving further remnants. I would run the vendor's uninstaller for all the FW's you had on your machine, reboot, followed by a cleaner (like ccleaner), go into Safe Mode to check for remnants (esp. for ZA), reboot into normal mode and do a clean install of OA.

In the future, you may want to do a system restore, or better yet an image of your system, prior to testing each product.

Shouldnt matter since when i tested the other firewalls that was before my system was formated, OA was the only firewall ive had installed since ive reformated.

Just an FYI - Have you considered a different defrag (like Puran) or something else?

How many things do you have as resident? AV and FW; how about MBAM and SAS....on-demand or resident? Too many residents can cause issues.

I still think you need to submit a log to Emsi IMO.

Just an FYI - Have you considered a different defrag (like Puran) or something else?

How many things do you have as resident? AV and FW; how about MBAM and SAS....on-demand or resident? Too many residents can cause issues.

I still think you need to submit a log to Emsi IMO.

I do use Puran Defrag, but not their boot time scan. Also the only resident scanner is Avast!, the others are ondemand only.

Also i reinstalled online armor and reproduced the same problems and sent the logs already, so thats taken care of.

i sent the logs to [email protected] since i didn't know where else do send them and this topic here:http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/2999-debug-mode-logs-how-to-get-them/

doesnt say where to send them, i also added a link to this topic in the email.

i sent the logs to [email protected] since i didn't know where else do send them and this topic here:http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/2999-debug-mode-logs-how-to-get-them/

doesnt say where to send them, i also added a link to this topic in the email.

Thanks) They were received)