Sign in to follow this  
Gib

Eek Problem!

I tried to open emergencyscanner.bat and got a message saying that the a2emergencykit.exe cannot be located. Am I the only one with this problem?

Hi, Gib

Have you run the application before this without any problems? Sounds like the .bat file contains a path to the exe and the exe may be somewhere else. Right-click the .bat file, choose edit, and look at the path to the exe. Search for the exe on your system. Do the paths match?

I opened the start menu folder and did files and folders search for the .exe and I couldn't find it.

Hi Gib

Are you running emergencyscanner.bat from USB Stick or ?...

There is no problem here

As H_D pointed if you look into the said <>. bat

ECHO OFF
cd Run
start a2emergencykit.exe
Exit

all it does is changing the directory (cd) to the \Run\ directory within the main EEK folder, where a2emergencykit.exe resides ... and it works

My regards

P.S. Just tested running it from the folder created on hard drive - again - there were no issues

In addition what happens if you would run start.exe and choose EEK from the GUI?

Ok, now I understand, I did do what H_D said, I right-clicked emergencyscanner.bat and edit and when I had seen np dir I got confused and really didn't know what to tell H_D, but yeah I understand now. Could you let H_D know that I apologize and that I didn't initially know what he was referring to, what happened was I'm used to looking at paths another way!

Hi Gib,

The message you described was discussed/solved previously, but that applied to the installed version of EAM and or a2-free in the past and were related to incorrect or rather failed installation/uninstallation procedures carried by users

There were never complains about EEK regarding the matter, since the latter doesn't need to be installed

At the moment I would suggest that you follow the instructions by ShadowPuterDude in the "Malware Removal" section

When that is resolved and your PC is in shape, we can return to the EEK/"a2framework.dll cannot be found" issue

When and if you will return to this discussion, please:

- answer the question as above : "Are you running emergencyscanner.bat from USB Stick or ?...";

- do you have EAM installed as well?;

- sure have a look whether a2framework.dll is present in \Run\ subdirectory;

- Please provide more detailed information about your System Environment as in Forum Posting Rules #2)

My regards

Can you tell us, as Lynx has requested, how you are running EEK, please. As Lynx says, all the files are located in the same place. There should not be a problem running this so long as you follow the instructions correctly e.g. extract the entire contents to a folder or USB stick and then run Start.exe

When you run the batch file the commands are for the program to change to the Run directory, and then to run the exe which is located in the Run folder.

Make sure you have extracted all the files and folders from the zip file. If you still have problems, download it once more and try again.

If problems persist after this and you believe your computer is infected, you should certainly follow Lynx's advice and submit a request in the Malware Removal Help forum.

Hello guys, let me provide my system information first, its HP Pavilion dv6000 notebookpc windows 7 professional 32-bit firewall zonealarm Intel Core 2 Duo 3GB

I'm not running Eek from a USB sticj, I totally forgot you asked me this, I do however have the EAM installed. ShadowPuterDude has been assisting me without Eek, so I'm not sure if Eek would be necessary and H_D I strongly feel that whatever problems I have with Eek is due to some kind of installation problem!

Let me know guys if theres any question I haven't answered yet.

edit:Xcuse me, not running emergencyscanner.bat from usb stick :)