Sign in to follow this  
Marcelo Spera

OnlineArmor firewall is becaming boring and boring

OnlineArmor has an irritating issue. After installed, I double clicked an MP3 file to play it in Winamp. After that, I had to click "allow" 113 times! No kidding! Each single module loaded by Winamp needed an explicit confirmation. Winamp is a very known and classic application to deserve this treatment. In fact, no application (or user) should need to do this. Please, make your software a little smarter and user friendly.

Thank you.

OnlineArmor has an irritating issue. After installed, I double clicked an MP3 file to play it in Winamp. After that, I had to click "allow" 113 times! No kidding! Each single module loaded by Winamp needed an explicit confirmation. Winamp is a very known and classic application to deserve this treatment. In fact, no application (or user) should need to do this. Please, make your software a little smarter and user friendly.

Thank you.

Did you trust winamp. If you had then that would have been that.

Pete

Did you trust winamp. If you had then that would have been that.

Pete

I tried everything. I marked "trust", "remember my choice" and even "install mode". In all cases, the firewall continued showing messages all over. It is not the only one application that causes this reaction but only Winamp causes so many messages.

Are you running Zone Alarm Free along with OA?

Are you running Sunbelt VIPRE along with OA

I don't use Sunbelt VIPRE, but as far as I know there's a HIPS driver in VIPRE. Different HIPS drivers are not compatible. I'm not sure if users have the ability to uninstall the VIPRE HIPS driver though. However, you should also consider that the leftover components could be cause of problems.

Anyway, having more than one firewall or HIPS software installed on your computer will cause unpredictable issues - but you probably already know this.

Regards and sorry for my English,

Nick

Softpedia Review

The Bad

We noticed that OASIS, the program database maintained by the developer, does not include popular program like WinRAR, avast!, AIDA64, Thunderbird or Dropbox.

Our experience with Google Chrome while running Online Armor Premium took a sluggish turn. The browser would move noticeably slower and some websites we visit regularly failed to load at first launch. With Internet Explorer 9 and Firefox 4 everything ran fine, though.

http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/windows/Online-Armor-Premium-Review-199849.shtml

Hi marcelo,

Did you install OA using the "Trust everything" option?

Could you post a screenshot of one of the alerts you received?

Did you try marking Winamp itself as an installer? Marking the individual modules as an installer wouldn't help here.

I tried everything. I marked "trust", "remember my choice" and even "install mode". In all cases, the firewall continued showing messages all over. It is not the only one application that causes this reaction but only Winamp causes so many messages.

It happens to me with VLC and some others. No matter how many times you tick the check boxes. It will happen again, eventually Marcello.

Online Armor doesn't have a very strong memory. Tend to forget things.

Softpedia Review

The Bad

We noticed that OASIS, the program database maintained by the developer, does not include popular program like WinRAR, avast!, AIDA64, Thunderbird or Dropbox.

Our experience with Google Chrome while running Online Armor Premium took a sluggish turn. The browser would move noticeably slower and some websites we visit regularly failed to load at first launch. With Internet Explorer 9 and Firefox 4 everything ran fine, though.

http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/windows/Online-Armor-Premium-Review-199849.shtml

Seconded.

You can add AOL, Avira, ATI graphics drivers (that's what, 1/4 of all computers in the world?), Quicktime, Realplayer and Spybot S&D to the list, too.