Sign in to follow this  
Tinsby

If I upgrade do I lose my settings>

If I upgrade to v5 xx from V4.0.015 will I lose all my settings from the old version? I tried to install v 5 and wasn't connected to the 'net. I got a message asking me if I wanted to reset my connection and try again. I do not know if the message came from OA or another program.

Is it necessary to have a 'net connection to install the FREE version? I didn't want some other program accessing the 'net without any firewall protection. The message box never said that the attempted connection was from OA.

Thank you,

J T

Settings are retained if you do an upgrade install. You need to be connected to the internet to install any version of OA when you first install it. I'm not sure if it's needed for upgrade installs but it's possible.

Settings are retained if you do an upgrade install

That's the theory anyway.

In spite of running the Safety Wizard, I'm still getting pop-ups about things that I have apparently "fixed"

If I upgrade to v5 xx from V4.0.015 will I lose all my settings from the old version? I tried to install v 5 and wasn't connected to the 'net.

Is it necessary to have a 'net connection to install the FREE version? I didn't want some other program accessing the 'net without any firewall protection.

When OA is disabled or uninstalled, Windows firewall (FW) turns on for added protection, so perhaps you got this warning from this FW.

You do need to have Internet access when doing a clean install of OA when it goes through the Safety Check Wizard, then the program will ask you to reboot...say yes. Automatic upgrades also require Internet access.

Since you were using an older version of OA, if you have made many changes to your machine since the time of first installing OA, perhaps an uninstall/clean install would clean up your machine a bit.