bilby

OA + Avast! antivirus

I have recently purchased OA firewall and am becoming increasingly frustrated with its questioning everything Avast!antivirus wants to do. No matter how often I Allow/Trust OA does not learn. I am confused as Avast! is a well respected product which I have used for many years. Am I doing something wrong?? Appreciate your comments.

I have recently purchased OA firewall and am becoming increasingly frustrated with its questioning everything Avast!antivirus wants to do. No matter how often I Allow/Trust OA does not learn. I am confused as Avast! is a well respected product which I have used for many years. Am I doing something wrong?? Appreciate your comments.

Suggest you go to options/exclude in OA and add the Avast! folder to the list of exclusions. Avast! updates dynamically enough that sometimes OA doesn't recognize that it is dealing with the same element.

Avast! updates dynamically enough that sometimes OA doesn't recognize that it is dealing with the same element.

I have been having a similar issue, - OA doesn't recognise Awill's Avast as a trustable program??? Seems odd to me that it doesn't.

I use Avast and OA and putting it in the exclusions works - trust it - maybe you haven't shut down and rebooted - sometimes that needs to be done.

Both are great together with others I run like SAS Pro - Spyware Blaster and WinPatrol Pro - and boot Malabytes and boot Spybot - haven't had any nasties in a few years now.

I have found the best way to exclude both OA and Avast is the following:

To exclude OA in Avast (as sded described):

· Settings > Exclusions > Add > search for Online Armor and click on the box to the left of it and add it, then click OK.

· Real Time Shields > Expert Settings > Trusted Processes > Add > search for Online Armor and click on the box to the left of it and add it, then click OK.

· Behavior Shield > Expert Settings > Trusted Processes > Add > search for Online Armor and click on the box to the left of it and add it, then click OK. Also change action to take in Behavior Shield to “Ask.”

To exclude Avast in OA:

· Open the OA GUI > Options > Exclusions > Add > click on the pop-up window and find C:\Program Files\Avast Software\.

· When you reboot OA (to go into Learning Mode), make sure ALL Avast shields are left on.

· Reboot your machine again; OA requires two boots. After this second reboot, you may get a pop-up asking you if you trust Avast. Answer the pop-up as "Trust Always" and "Remember My Decision" and you should not get any more pop-ups.

· Open the OA GUI > Programs > untick "Hide Trusted" so that you can see everything > look to make sure everything from Avast is not "blocked" (red) or "ask" (yellow). If it is, right-click the item and change it to "Trust." Reboot.

What versions of both programs are you using? The current version of Avast is 6.0.1125 and the current of OA is 5.0.0.1100. If you are not up to date, I suggest you upgrade (or if you are running a very old version, do an uninstall/clean install) as this may be a problem as well.

Update;-

@sded Your advice appears to work like a charm....many thanks.

@ Nani Have had no problem with Avast! and OA oly OA and Avast!. Now solved

@Lassielambchop (luv the name) Use the same security stuff as you and like you no problems with OA

Again many thanks for your interest and helpful advice

Bilby