How to Save Scheduled Scans

RoyD

Hi RoyD, welcome to the forum

Currently the default scan is Deep Scan (it was the Smart one in the past)

The Smart Scan will do the following (in current version)

Scan type: Smart Scan
Objects: Memory, Traces, C:\WINDOWS\, C:\Program Files
Scan archives: Off
Heuristics: Off
ADS Scan: On

So, you can use Configuration > Scheduled Scan Tab > "Scan Setting File" option. See Help File (8.2)

If you have explicitly specified a configuration file for the scanner then it performs a Smart Scan by default. To reduce the scan time this only scans the most important directories on the hard drive and not all files.

You can also specify your own custom configuration file. To do this, click the "..." button and select a scan settings file (.a2s). You can create scan settings files using the Scanner. To do this, start the Scanner, select "Custom Scan" and then click the "Scan" button. Select the desired scan options and then click the "Save settings" button...

Please ask if you have further questions

My regards

Hi RoyD, thanks for the reply

Hi I can now create custom scans, thanks
That's already good,

... but re:

... It works before I reboot. Once I reboot the PC defaults back to a Deep Scan.

How do I make these custom scans run with the scheduler?

This misbehaviour was never noticed before :unsure:

Thanks for pointing that out.

That has to be re-tested & I hope the developers (and users) will reply

Rest assured - if that is kinda new bug introduced - it will be fixed quickly

In addition I'll ask some Gurus here to test, since currently I am running full EAM internal beta (the next version) plus the Scheduler is currently disabled anyway

My regards

In addition to the above

One of the best helpers here - ctrlaltdelete responded to my request & tested the scheduled scan setting including the Reboot - that worked fine

... but... he is running v5 (beta accepted) and that's what I was always using (currently 5.1.0.13)

Can you please:

- tick "Use beta Updates"; (Configuration > Update Tab)

- set the Custom Scheduled scan;

- Reboot;

- and post the result of such experiment

That will be highly appreciated

Cheers!

There may be a little confusion here.

If you setup a scheduled scan with custom settings, the scheduled scan will use those settings each time it runs.

When you open the scan page, though, it will always show Deep Scan as being the default scan.

These are two different things.

Hi H_D,

Thanks and indeed, what you are saying is is a known fact

At the same time, what was posted by RoyD

Once I reboot the PC defaults back to a Deep Scan...

, is not clear, because we are under impression that the next Scheduled Scan is a Deep Scan despite the Custom one was set. Opening GUI was not mentioned

So, your observation, and accordingly the question is pretty much sharp (as usual ;) )

Let's hope that RoyD will respond soon and all will be sorted out

Cheers!

There may be a little confusion here.

If you setup a scheduled scan with custom settings, the scheduled scan will use those settings each time it runs.

When you open the scan page, though, it will always show Deep Scan as being the default scan.

Yes I did realise that

Once the PC reboots and I do not open the Anti-Malware 5.1.0.10. and I wait for the scheduler to start the deep scan starts instead of my custom one.

...Once the PC reboots and I do not open the Anti-Malware 5.1.0.10. and I wait for the scheduler to start the deep scan starts instead of my custom one.
Hi RoyD,

That's a bit strange, but have you tried beta v5.1.0.13 as suggested

and in addition can you attach the saved scanset file?

{added} I forgot to ask:

do you have scanset file in the respective box after Reboot or it appears empty? (see "Additional Settings")

My regards

Hi

That's a bit strange, but have you tried beta v5.1.0.13 as suggested

I have and it did not fix the problem

and in addition can you attach the saved scanset file?

I have attached the file -I had to change the extension from a2s to txt so I could attach it. I also had a look inside the scan file I thought it would have the scheduled time in this file?

{added} I forgot to ask:
do you have scanset file in the respective box after Reboot or it appears empty? (see "Additional Settings")

The scanset file and full directory path is in the respective box after reboot.

Roy

Ok, Roy

1st, thanks for the reply

I have to confirm what you are reporting but only for the stable v5.1.0.10

See below the difference and correct Custom Scheduled scan carried by v5.1.0.13 (beta)

- I added full licensed EAM to my Free edition on XP;

- reverted back to v5.1.0.10 stable

thumb_8578459CustomScheduler_v5-1-0-10.png Scheduled Custom Scan settings

- created \Family\ folder :) with sub-folder, where few items must've been detected;

- Rebooted;

- sure the <>.a2s file remains listed in "Additional Settings", as we discussed

- the time of the scheduled scan was correct 12:15 PM (see attached “Not a Custom Scan_110528-121504.txt”);

- … but... despite it says Custom – see the content of what EAM was going to scan;

- I stopped the scan after 3 min running;

- thumb_3028292This_is_not_a_Custom_Scan__1.png sure that shouldn't have anyting to do with \C:\Documents and Settings\... and so on;

- thumb_3696189RealCustomScan.png the real custom scan lasts ~1min & 40 sec and that is an expected result;

======= v5.1.0.13 (beta) test =======

- I set accepting beta updates and reset the scheduled Custom scan time.

That went according to the chosen time … and that was performed perfectly (see attached “Correct Custom Scan Beta 13_110528-130504.txt”);

So, as ctrlaltdelete stated – “beta 13” is working fine, which is precisely what happened here according to my test

I cannot tell you at the moment what went wrong with your beta

a side note: unfortunately the reports do not show the whole version , but just 5.1 despite many repeated regarding the matter , but that will be fixed (I hope)

My regards

Few hours later.

After my conversation with ctrlaltdelete (the man, who is never sleeping :lol: ) he performed the similar test as above.

He confirmed that it is not working in v5.1.0.10 stable

... but it is working for both of us when using v5.1.0.13(beta)

So, the developers will look into that closely and probably they'll need some additional info from you re: "13-beta" in order to find out why it's working here perfectly for us, but does not apply in your case

Cheers!

That is not just a “bit of help” - that's the real help

Well formulated question is a help

Decent conversation and willing to solve a problem (if any) – is a help

Willing to help to improve such a good Software as EAM is a help (“buttery butter :))

All that is much appreciated

I've tested the discussed feature from the very beginning, since it was introduced … & … it worked,

... but that's not clear when & why it was lost in stable version, and still being maintained in beta

(at least for some dedicated users)

Rest assured that will be addressed by the developers & fixed – must not be a major issue by any means

Cheers!