Identifying IE add-ons.

qwerty

Under the section for "IE Add-Ons", I have a number of entries that I don't recognise. Most of them are trusted and allowed, but one is Unknown.

Can anyone help me to work out what they are and if I need them?

Having searched the web, most of what I find suggests that they are simply core components of Windows or Internet Explorer and not add-ons at all. It would be interesting to know if anyone else has the same entries.

The first is browseui.dll, which is apparently a "Toolbar" and has a name of "&Address" and then some version numbers. Then there is Shdocvw.dll with the name Real.com. SHELL32.dll, another toolbar with the name "&Links". xpnetdiag.exe, name "xpsp3res.dll,-20001" and then some version numbers (these are all trusted). Finally, there is something seemingly made of random characters with the name "&Search" which is Unknown.

Does anyone have any information or experience of these items?

Thank you.

The Trusted items you listed are all normal and expected items that will appear in older versions of OA. They shouldn't be removed or you may lose important browser functionality.

I don't know about the unknown item "&Search" that you listed (it may also be normal but I don't recall this one like I do the others). You may be able to find out more about it by right clicking the entry and choosing "Show file information" and clicking the "More" button which will take you to the OASIS entry for the item.

Which version of both Windows and OA are you using?

A very good point. I was in a bit of a hurry when I posted, so I forgot to add that information.

Windows XP SP3, OA 4.5.1.431 Free and IE8.

catprincess - unfortunately, there is no OASIS entry for the item, so that is no help.