Renewal: Premium vs. ++ (Have NOD32)

chamlin

Hi All,

Currently have OA++ licensed on two computers. Also using NOD32 AV.

1. Is ++ necessary/worth it if I already have NOD32 or is Premium sufficient?

2. Haven't "actively" used OA for anything other than firewall (haven't really done other scans).

3. When I click on the desktop PC's emailed renew link, it shows one license. My laptop got its own email and shows 1 license as well. How do I renew at the 2 license discount for Premium or ++?

Thanks,

Chamlin

It's really a personal opinion on what you think is worth it :) Some people like having ++ as a second opinion to their traditional AV while others run only ++ and others prefer to use a third party AV alone.

If you have 2 separate licenses (rather than a family pack of either 3 or 5 seats), then you can only renew them individually. Renewals are still cheaper than the original purchase, but you can't purchase a renewal for the family pack if you don't already have a license for a family pack. Similarly, you can't renew for a Premium license if the license you originally purchased is a ++ license instead. At least there is no way of automatically achieving these things from the User Area.

You can contact Emsisoft directly via their Customer Center though (you have to sign up for it), or by using the contact details most appropriate to your enquiry, as listed here http://www.emsisoft.com/en/support/contact/ and see if they may be able to assist you further :)

It's really a personal opinion on what you think is worth it :) Some people like having ++ as a second opinion to their traditional AV while others run only ++ and others prefer to use a third party AV alone.

If you have 2 separate licenses (rather than a family pack of either 3 or 5 seats), then you can only renew them individually. Renewals are still cheaper than the original purchase, but you can't purchase a renewal for the family pack if you don't already have a license for a family pack. Similarly, you can't renew for a Premium license if the license you originally purchased is a ++ license instead. At least there is no way of automatically achieving these things from the User Area.

You can contact Emsisoft directly via their Customer Center though (you have to sign up for it), or by using the contact details most appropriate to your enquiry, as listed here http://www.emsisoft.com/en/support/contact/ and see if they may be able to assist you further :)

Thank you, oh great one!