Nick

False Positive - Emergency Kit Scanner

Hi

I'd like to report a false positive but I don't know where exactly I should post my message...

I just did a full scan with the Emergency Kit Scanner (euristic/archive/ADS scan enabled - virus database up to date) and it found this:

C:\Programmi\CurrPorts\cports.exe / Trojan.Win32.CPorts.A!A2

CurrPorts (NirSoft)is version 1.90 on XP Pro sp3

Thanks and sorry for my English,

N.

...I'd like to report a false positive but I don't know where exactly I should post my message...
Hi Nick,

Please use one of the methods described in Submitting suspected False Positives for analysis

My regards

p.s. I have no flaggings neither for 32bit nor for 64bit versions of CurrPorts (cports.exe) that I have here. Current version is 1.91 compare to what you have

Can you check the latest one, please

p.s. I have no flaggings neither for 32bit nor for 64bit versions of CurrPorts (cports.exe) that I have here. Current version is 1.91 compare to what you have

Can you check the latest one, please

Hi Lynx,

I updated to the latest version soon after having posted my message.

No flaggings for 32bit CurrPorts v1.91 (mine was v1.90). At this point I think there's no need to submit that False Positive.

Thank you,

N.

Just a note: the 64 bit version of 1.90 isn't flagged as malware.

There must be a difference between 32 and 64.

Just a note: the 64 bit version of 1.90 isn't flagged as malware.

There must be a difference between 32 and 64.

Hi JWC,

Was the heuristic scanning enabled?

what's DDA? :unsure:

Hi Nick,

I think JWC is referring to "Direct Disk Access" (DDA) - the new feature introduced in v6 (currently in internal beta testing). See short description in "What is new?"

Cheers!

OK, thanks again Lynx.

I was referring to Emsisoft Emergency Kit Scanner (Emsisoft Emergency Kit Version 1.0.0.25).

Cheers,

N.

...I was referring to Emsisoft Emergency Kit Scanner (Emsisoft Emergency Kit Version 1.0.0.25)...
You are welcome, Nick,

I do understand that, but as it's maintained currently - there is no difference regarding the scanning/detection/ability to clean/etc. between EAM & EEK

Therefore, I was trying just to clarify the "DDA" mentioned by JWC - that's all ;)

Cheers!

Therefore, I was trying just to clarify the "DDA" mentioned by JWC - that's all ;)

Yes I understand what you meant to say. I thought that writing again the software I use might be useful to those users who take a quick look at this thread :)

Cheers,

N.