cutting_edgetech

Need help creating custom block list for OA

Is there a guide on the forum on how to create custom block list for OA? I tried creating one, but OA could not read the format. I was saving it as a .txt file. Is this correct? It would be nice if i could see a guide or example for doing this. Thanks in advance!

Is there a guide on the forum on how to create custom block list for OA? I tried creating one, but OA could not read the format. I was saving it as a .txt file. Is this correct? It would be nice if i could see a guide or example for doing this. Thanks in advance!

Hi CET,

check out Calendar of Updates at http://www.calendarofupdates.com/updates/index.php?autocom=downloads

for a block list specifically for OA.

an example is "1.7zsm.com:218.60.130.119-218.60.130.119"

where there are three parts:

the first is the site "1.7zsm.com",

then the separator ":" and finally

the range of addresses, e.g. from "218.60.130.119" to "218.60.130.119"

If you maintain a custom txt file, you can merge that with the latest CoU txt file.

Jim

Thanks for the advise, but I already use that blocklist. I'm needing to block Tor exit Nodes. Any suggestions? I could use Peerblock, but I would rather make my own custom list. If i use peerblock then it blocks a lot of IP addresses that I do not want blocked. I would like to be able to use some of the blocklist from Prosecurity, but none of them are in OA format. For example is there an easy way to convert the blocklist called badpeers from Prosecurity into an OA format? -http://blocklistpro.com/download-center/

Thanks for the advise, but I already use that blocklist. I'm needing to block Tor exit Nodes. Any suggestions? I could use Peerblock, but I would rather make my own custom list. If i use peerblock then it blocks a lot of IP addresses that I do not want blocked. I would like to be able to use some of the blocklist from Prosecurity, but none of them are in OA format. For example is there an easy way to convert the blocklist called badpeers from Prosecurity into an OA format? -http://blocklistpro.com/download-center/

Well you could create a separate txt file and add that to the list of blocklists.

The important part of the above was the format of each line.

What does a tor exit node look like, e.g.

tor:ip_from-ip_to

or something different?

I had a look at the badpeers blocklist on that site and it appears to be a format that OA uses. I was able to add it to OA just fine. The one I downloaded was named badpeers.zip Is that the one you downloaded?

I had a look at the badpeers blocklist on that site and it appears to be a format that OA uses. I was able to add it to OA just fine. The one I downloaded was named badpeers.zip Is that the one you downloaded?

Thanks for all the replys guys! I'm sorry for the late reply. I had some emergency come up that I've had to take care of the past few days. Yes, catprincess that is one of the ones i tried to add. I get an error message from OA as shown in the screen shot below.

cutting_edgetech did you receive the pm I sent you?

Yes Stapp, i got your message. I get an error screen telling me something like the format is wrong when I try to do that. I will try again tonight, and report back exactly which error i am getting.

Well you could create a separate txt file and add that to the list of blocklists.

The important part of the above was the format of each line.

What does a tor exit node look like, e.g.

tor:ip_from-ip_to

or something different?

I tried copying the list to notepad, and saving it as a .txt file, but i got error about it being in the wrong format. I must not know what i am doing. I will try again tonight, and post exactly which error i am getting.

Thanks for all the replys guys! I'm sorry for the late reply. I had some emergency come up that I've had to take care of the past few days. Yes, catprincess that is one of the ones i tried to add. I get an error message from OA as shown in the screen shot below.

Did you download the zip file from the site itself (http://blocklistpro.com/download-center/blocklist-pro-blocklists-mirror/) or are you copying this text file from Blocklist Pro's Blocklist Manager? If it's the latter, their program probably doesn't use the same blacklist format as OA does whereas the text files from their download center do.

I'm downloading it directly from the site. I don't use the blocklist manager.

After you unzip the file, how are you adding it to OA? Are you using the "Add" button in the Blacklists section?

Yes, i'm using the add button in the blacklist section.

Looking again at your screenshot, it doesn't look like the file you have there is the same file I have. The one I downloaded, once unzipped is named "badpeers.txt". The one you have seems to have a longer name. Are you sure you are downloading only from this section http://blocklistpro.com/download-center/blocklist-pro-blocklists-mirror/ of the site, and not this section http://blocklistpro.com/download-center/blockpost/outpost-firewall-blocklists/ ? The latter is only for Outpost and for Bluetack's Blocklist Manager; these ones will not work with OA.

Thanks Cat Princess that worked! I'm going to compare this file with the other text file that would not work, and see what the difference is. The other text file I was trying to add to the blocklist was much larger.

You're welcome :) Yeah. if you copy the format of the list that works in OA you should be able to manually add entries from the list that doesn't work with OA.