AXE

MY Anti- Malware JUST STOPPED SCANNING COOKIES

MY Anti- Malware JUST STOPPED SCANNING COOKIES.I tried useing quick scan it only does memorey and traces not cookies.Ihave tried everyscan we have smart scan and deep scan all 3 they all donot scan cookies tracking cookies i need to remove i have 400 and something days left on my subscription. I also went through every setting it just won't scan cookies. I do have the latest version.Also please don't ask me to give you a screen pic everything looks good except I tried useing quick scan it only does memorey and traces not cookies. this is a example as i said earlier none on the scan are scanning cookies. It says 0 cookies scanned.

Hi AXE,

What version of EAM you are using?

Current stable v5.1.0.10 will scan cookies,

but it seems that v5.1.0.13 beta has a bug where it always reports 0 cookies scanned

I was never bothered about Tracking Cookies, so after reading your post I reverted to .10 and got the number of cookies > than 0

In addition I reviewed the latest saved logs produced by .13(beta) - where I found "cookies= 0" under "Scanned"

I'm sure the developers will look into that

My regards

p.s. {added}

The bug in v5.1.013(beta) was confirmed by ctrlaltdelete.

At the same time if you are using Custom Scan or Scheduled Custom Scan, where option for cookies is set (the default is unchecked) - 13 beta will scan cookies for such type of scans only

Another confirmation - it works fine for any type of scan with the stable v5.1.0.10

Thanks or the reply Fabian,

This is not a bug at all. The cookie scan was disabled in all default scan types on purpose.

Actually that is good and correct move!

... but it would be nice to get that from the changelog for beta in the 1st place

Was that published or we just missed that?

...If you want to do a cookie scan do a custom scan instead.
That's is noticeable for beta as posted, and is working fine. That's how it should be

Finally, I hope that AXE will confirm using current beta(13)

My regards

... but it would be nice to get that from the changelog for beta in the 1st place

Was that published or we just missed that?

We didn't publish that change on purpose. The point is to see if people would complain about the missing cookie scan feature or if they wouldn't even notice it. If we publish upfront that it was disabled in the default scans people will just complain for complaining's sake and not because they actually miss or even consciously used it. It's not that it ever provided any relevant privacy or security benefit in the first place.

yes i am useing v5.1.013 how do i get the v5.1.0.10 custom does not work either i need this version now v5.1.0.10 v5.1.013 is problamatic at best .

Hi AXE,

Thanks for the confirmation re: "13beta"

... how do i get the v5.1.0.10
In order to revert to the stable version, just untick "Use beta updates" (Configuration > Update Tab)

You can perform manual update straight after that or wait for the auto-udate

At the same time, keep in mind what Fabian Wosar posted - that's done in purpose - and eventually such implementation will be transferred into the stable release (scanning cookies option will be available for Custom Scans only)

My regards

Lynx you were right v5.1.0.10 does scan the cookies. Also if you Fabian Wosar do take scanning cookies out of the rest of versions you are retarded.That is where the malware most malware comes from so ya i am complaning. I will need a cheque for 50 dollers. If you continue this change as it was not what i paid for and for the record because it wouldnot scan cookies i got 4 trogens.

That is your choice, AXE if you wanna ask for refund,

but the reason you are stating, honestly, has no grounds

- Tracking Cookies are never ever representing any threats to the system;

- every security Software has an option to disable scanning cookies, and most users are disabling the feature at the very beginning when they are setting up their AV solutions;

- that was discussed so many times in this and other forums. You have no benefits from scanning cookies. On the contrary your saved report contains sometimes hundreds(!) of unneeded entries;

- There is no need at all to manage cookies by your security.

Quarantining those make no sense, if you remove them(qurantine or delete) - you'll get them back as soon as you visit the same sites...

You can manage (remove) cookies by your browser prior to the scanning by any AV or you can use such Tools as CCleaner in order to get rid of them, leaving only those you need when you browsing specific trusted sites on a regular basis

My regards

I am not leaving but i do get rid of my cookies and i did this maby 6 times in one day i am sorry but that feature i used alot

I am not leaving

That's good to hear :)
... but i do get rid of my cookies and i did this maby 6 times in one day i am sorry but that feature i used alot
Sure, & I hope you got my point as posted above

You can do that & I do that as well sometimes several times a day, but not by using any Security Software,

... moreover you can use "Private Browsing" feature whether it is IE or Fox - Session closed - those "pancakes" and other info, which's usually being saved - are gone!

Cheers!

I suggest that you delete cookies yourself. Also you can use CCleaner (www.ccleaner.com), for egsample. It also deletes cookies and much other. More, Emsosoft Antimalware doesn't detect ALL cookies, only tracking ones.

I regret saying that to u Fabian Wosar i am very sorry it was a bad day i had just found out that i have some kind of cancer . I was in a mood i don't know how to put it in words. Still they donnot know exactly what kind it is my hope is to have where and what kind cut out of me.So with that said i guess i was in severe shock and disbeliefe. So again Fabian Wosar i am very sorry i said that to you.

now i have ver 14 after i went back to 10 do i have to remove antimalware from add and remove and reinstall ver 10 being the last version that scanned my cookies.

now i have ver 14 after i went back to 10 do i have to remove antimalware from add and remove and reinstall ver 10 being the last version that scanned my cookies.

Hi AXE,

No, v5.1.0.14 became a stable version see Changelog

This version is available for download and installation

Moreover, at the moment stable and beta versions are in sync

As it was pointed above, (replies #3 and #7) you can use Custom Scans in order to scan cookies

My regards

p.s. Even if you saved old Setup of v5.1.0.10 - the very 1st update will bring you new version

The cookie scan was disabled in all default scan types on purpose.

But then I would suggest you to change the description accordingly (check the attachment). ^_^ (Same in the german description.)

For tracking cookies I'm using the Firefox add-on TrackerBlock from PrivacyChoice. It doesn't rely on opt-out cookies but directly blocks them before they're saved on your side. For the rest of the cookies there are alrady enough options in every internet browser. (I've set it to: Save them until they become invalid and delete them every time I close my Firefox.)