Sign in to follow this  
Hanziness

Online Armor can't remember programs

Hi! Online Armor asked me about 3 programs at startup - a week ago. After that question, at every startup, I get the same message - and the "First detected" date is always that time when Online Armor popped up with the message.

Screenshot attached!

What should I do?

Oh, and there's another things that's strange: Online Armor has listed OAWatch.dll three times in it's Programs list. One of them is always set to "Ask".

Why can't OA remember these things

Oh, and the programs are legal, the first two is related to ATI, the rfpicon is my Joystick's executable, and now OA asked about a Java executable - somewhy -.

Sorry for posting, I saw a similar topic but I didn't find any correct answer.

Thank you!

Hi hanziness,

Your screenshot shows you are running an older version of OA and I do recall people reporting this problem with that version, but haven't heard further reports of it with the latest version. The latest version of OA Free is 5.0.0.1097. I'd recommend that you uninstall and then install the new version using the "Trust everything" option. Since you are a tester you can also find beta versions in the appropriate forum section :)

Thank you replying. I will install it soon, but it's a bit late to do things like this.

Somewhy, now when I started my computer and thought OA will ask me about these programs, it didn't popped up.

If it continues asking me, I will install the new version. And now all the three OAWatch.dll's are trusted and allowed. Looks like it could remember them :)

Thank you once again.

Your screenshot shows you are running an older version of OA and I do recall people reporting this problem with that version, but haven't heard further reports of it with the latest version.

I've noticed the same, or a similar, issue with oawatch.dll with the latest release (.1100) - multiple entries and salmon-coloured.

I've noticed the same, or a similar, issue with oawatch.dll with the latest release (.1100) - multiple entries and salmon-coloured.

I was referring to the problem that the OP requested help with rather than the observation they made about what they saw with oawatch.dll

I was referring to the problem that the OP requested help with rather than the observation they made about what they saw with oawatch.dll

Understood.

Is the repeating oawatch.dll entry a non-issue? When they are salmon-coloured, should I allow/trust them or take no action? When there is more than one, should I delete any/all?

Is the repeating oawatch.dll entry a non-issue? When they are salmon-coloured, should I allow/trust them or take no action? When there is more than one, should I delete any/all?

Well, other than the two reports in this thread, I haven't heard of it happening before. Usually OA's processes don't appear in the Programs list. I would suspect that it's status in the GUI doesn't matter and would have no effect on OA but I'm only guessing.

Well, other than the two reports in this thread, I haven't heard of it happening before. Usually OA's processes don't appear in the Programs list. I would suspect that it's status in the GUI doesn't matter and would have no effect on OA but I'm only guessing.

I haven't posted about this, but I see it also

Pete

Thanks for confirming - I see it on all, three of our XP PCs.

... and, there is a difference between our XP Pro and XP Home PCs. I am unable to determine why the OS version should have an affect on OA's behaviour, but it appears to do so.

The oawatch.dll entry should be fixed for the next release as mentioned in post #4 in this thread http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/4581-online-armor-component/

I was aware of the post - before I posted!

I was simply trying to inform (in the hope that there may be a technical explanation) that I am unable to understand why the behaviour of oawatch.dll (as recorded by OA) should, or could, be any different between XP Pro and XP Home, admittedly on different PCs. My intuition and profession tell me that there may be something 'wrong' with OA; the 'build' of an OS should not affect an application. Problem is that it's an inconsistent 'entry'.

PS: I'm not worried by the fact that it occurred on XP, just different on different builds of the same OS.