Resolve addresses not working properly

Using OA 5.0.0.1100 Premium on WinXP Home SP3.

The issue is when I click the checkbox on the firewall status screen to resolve addresses, most of the time it doesn't work, as it still shows many of the addresses in numerals rather than text. Some addresses it does resolve, but I notice it isn't doing as good of a job resolving addresses as my older version of OA did (4.0.0.45).

Is this just a known bug in V5, or could it possibly be some setting on my end that is interfering with this working properly?

You don't understand, OA v4.0.0.45 could resolve practically anything, it was extremely rare for me to just see an IP address instead of a resolved name. OA v5 can't even resolve google. If my older version of OA could do it but V5 cannot, then something is not working properly.

You don't understand, OA v4.0.0.45 could resolve practically anything, it was extremely rare for me to just see an IP address instead of a resolved name. OA v5 can't even resolve google. If my older version of OA could do it but V5 cannot, then something is not working properly.

I'm also experiencing this on v4.5. Unfortunately, I have never had a previous version installed, to compare with, so I can't be certain that it's precisely the same problem as ITPython is having. Nevertheless, it would be good to implement whatever ITPython's solution turns out to be, and see if that helps.

Just to be clear, OA hardly resolves any remote addresses, but perhaps more pertinently, it doesn't even recognise the local address of 127.0.0.1 as localhost, which surely proves that it's a bug.

ITPython - When you get the problem fixed (in case you're getting support via PM or the CC), could you please add the solution to this thread for others to see and use?

Thank you.

qwerty, I will reply back with any info I come across that can help, although making this thread is about as far as I can take this. It is up to Emsisoft to fix this in future versions of OA.

BTW, my OA resolves localhost, so perhaps that particular bug was fixed with V5.

BTW, my OA resolves localhost, so perhaps that particular bug was fixed with V5.

Without seeing a screenshot of qwerty's firewall status window, it's hard to tell exactly what he's seeing here. I haven't heard anyone else mention any issue with localhost. As far as I know there's never been any bug identified with this. Perhaps it is a completely separate issue from the one you are experiencing.