Sign in to follow this  
suliman258

Program error a2update.dll . engine.dll

Did this work previously?

Do you have any other security software installed? Could it be interfering with EAM?

Please let us know.

Otherwise, try a reinstallation.

Did this work previously?

Do you have any other security software installed? Could it be interfering with EAM?

Please let us know.

Otherwise, try a reinstallation.

Today this has worked for the program and completed the update and restart the program asks for the Computer

But the Computer commented so shut the Computer incorrectly

i have Online Armor + Emsisoft Anti-Malware 5.1 only

I do not want to re-install the program again because it is the size of the update would be great about 72 mb

but i want download dll file missing

a2update.dll and engine.dll

:(

If the benefit

Hi suliman258,

Sure as H_D posted please check if there are any existing rules in OA about EAM

In addition, if not done already - please mutually excluded both Software from monitoring each other.

One thing is not clear from your post

Today this has worked for the program and completed the update and restart the program asks for the Computer

But the Computer commented so shut the Computer incorrectly

EAM asks for restarting itself when some executable modules were changed, but there should not be any request for rebooting the computer. Was it?

or

you performed the Reboot yourself while EAM was at its updating stage?

a aside note: the restart of EAM after update can take some time … could be ~30sec and more

Finally, if the said files are missing from EAM's folder as a result of a failure it would be

better to follow the advice given by H_D and clean reinstall

Despite it is possible to send you those 2 DLLs we cannot possibly know what else could went wrong

My regards

Had bit of trouble myself .I am afraid the only thing that fixed it was go to add and remove it. Then go to program files it will still have it delete it.Then install it again. B)

Thanks, Axe.

That is usually the best option when parts of the program are reported as missing. However, it would be good to discover how those files were removed in the first place.

So, if it happens again, the best thing would be to open a support ticket with Emsisoft - they may have dedicated tools that can help discover what is happening.