Sign in to follow this  
Amebr

OA blocking vmci.sys?

Hi, Online Armor Free seems to be blocking vmci.sys, although the GUI shows it as Allowed and Trusted.

When I terminate OA, VMWare Player logs into my VM correctly. When OA is running I get the error:

Could not get vmci driver version: The handle is invalid.

You have the incorrect version of driver "vmci.sys". Try reinstalling VMWare Player.

Module DevicePowerOn power on failed.

I tried changing a VMWare setting in the VMX file to False, which allows the VM run, but this entirely disables networking which is not a workable solution.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Running:

Window 7 sp1.

OA Free 5.0.0.1097

VMWare Player 3.1.4

Hi Amebr,

I think Emsisoft are aware that this issue is occurring for some people. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to affect everyone and last I heard in another thread from Fabian from Emsisoft, he hadn't yet been able to reproduce the problem.

I'm not sure if excluding VMWare and your VM's may help? I also think (but can't be positive now) that another person was able to work around the problem by starting the VM while OA was shutdown and then starting OA. Perhaps that may be of help to you in the meantime :)

Thanks catprincess,

Do you mean shutting down OA every time I want to run the VM? Or just once?

I already tried excluding the VM path and VMWare Player path, and that didn't work. Although I don't think I restarted my computer...might try that and see if it makes a difference.

Hi Amebr,

I think Emsisoft are aware that this issue is occurring for some people. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to affect everyone and last I heard in another thread from Fabian from Emsisoft, he hadn't yet been able to reproduce the problem.

I'm not sure if excluding VMWare and your VM's may help? I also think (but can't be positive now) that another person was able to work around the problem by starting the VM while OA was shutdown and then starting OA. Perhaps that may be of help to you in the meantime :)

Do you mean shutting down OA every time I want to run the VM? Or just once?

From what I recall, the person needed to shut down OA every time, just while the VM started. Once the VM was started, OA could be restarted and they could continue on without problems during that session with the VM.