stringo71

Scan calls for manual removal from expert forum

Hi Joe, and welcome to the forum

Why did you run Win32Diag?

Your a-squared report does not meet the conditions described in the instruction, which is stating when you have to run the said Utility?

Please follow the instruction START HERE, if you don't we are just going to send you back to this thread <--click

step-by-step; Prepare and attach all the required log files

Provide brief description of the problems/ system misbehavior if any.

The a-squared log contains flaggings in the System Restore only.

After you provide required log files, you will be advised by malware fighter about needed actions regarding System Restore.

My regards

Joe,

Have you read my reply?

There is no need to run Win32Diag according to the instruction and the content of a-squared's report respectively.

Provide all required log files. Attach ISeeYouXP and HiJackFree reports as per instruction.

If you have difficulties with running the latter Tools, please describe that

My regards

Hi stringo71,

your infections seem to reside inside the Windows System Restore folder. This folder is used by the System Restore feature of Windows. Therefore a-squared can't delete files there.

The easiest way to get rid of the files is to temporarily deactivate the Windows System Restore. This will delete all System Restore points you have created in the past though.

A step-by-step guide on how to activate and deactivate the Windows System Restore function in Windows XP can be found here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310405

Just deactivate the Windows System Restore feature, reboot and activate it again.