Naughtyb

OA + Trusteer Rapport Conflict

Hi All

Has anyone else come across this? Customer support say that they have not come across this issue on the combination OA + Trusteer Rapport

Do you run Trusteer Rapport? Have you tried blocking a website in the domain section of AO?

I can't do it when Rapport is running, has anyone else come across this problem? Would love to hear the solution if there is one.

P.S. I have raised the issue with Rapport and will let you know what they say.

Kind Regards

B.

The Rapport team have been very helpful and have had me try a few things non of which have worked. Their final correspondence was "We are very interested in the problem you’ve described. We have escalated your email to our experts for further analysis, and we will get back to you with their investigation results."

As for OA users that have Trusteer Rapport installed. I am disappointed that no one has got back to let me/us know if the fault exist on their computer? It would go a long way in helping resolve the problem.

I eagerly await a reply on both fronts.

Kind Regards

B

As for OA users that have Trusteer Rapport installed. I am disappointed that no one has got back to let me/us know if the fault exist on their computer? It would go a long way in helping resolve the problem.

I installed Rapport June 22nd after receiving an 'offer' from my bank. Until then I'd never heard of it.

At that time, Rapport wasn't ready to use with FF 5.0 and so I've ignored it. I never thought to check how it interacted/interfered with OA.

I have now received an e-mail that it's ready for FF 5 so I'll give it a spin later today.

I installed the Emerald version build 1008.49 with OA in Learning Mode and EAM Guard off for 10 minutes.

My banking and investment domains were already in OA's Domain list as Protected.

I went through the various steps using FF to log into the accounts, the bank account was already in Rapport's list and I added the investment site via an icon in the FF address bar.

I then blocked the sites in OA's Domains list and, while in OS's Advanced mode, I was still able to connect, OA didn't stop me as I had expected (but never tested before).

Switching to OA's Banking mode, the same thing happened, I could still connect to the blocked sites.

OA does stop connections to other sites/domains that aren't in the Domains list, which is as expected in Banking mode.

I later switched to another system which did not have Rapport installed and found that OA blocked access to domains Blocked in the Domains list as would be expected.

That shows that Rapport does interfere with OA's ability to Block domains.

So the problem is repeatable.