Online Armor Stops IE8 From Running

I have Online Armor Premium Firewall (v5.0.0.110) installed on my Windows XP Pro (v2002 SP3)laptop, and it appears that it is preventing IE8 from running - as soon as I open IE, it stops responding and I have to terminate it via the Task Manager.

If I Close And Shutdown Online Armor, then IE runs fine.

I also suspect, but can't prove, that the firewall may be interfering with the Microsoft .NET Framework (v4).

Anybody come across this before, and, more importantly, how can I get the firewall and IE to play nicely together? (As far as I know, IE is allowed to run and trusted.)

I also have PC Tools Internet Security installed, although the firewall component is not active.

Thanks,

Mark

I have Online Armor Premium Firewall (v5.0.0.110) installed on my Windows XP Pro (v2002 SP3)laptop, and it appears that it is preventing IE8 from running - as soon as I open IE, it stops responding and I have to terminate it via the Task Manager.

If I Close And Shutdown Online Armor, then IE runs fine.

I also suspect, but can't prove, that the firewall may be interfering with the Microsoft .NET Framework (v4).

Anybody come across this before, and, more importantly, how can I get the firewall and IE to play nicely together? (As far as I know, IE is allowed to run and trusted.)

I also have PC Tools Internet Security installed, although the firewall component is not active.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

Sorry you have troubles with OA.

Would you like to try a beta version of OA ?

If so - please send me a pm.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Andrey.

@Daily Goal Machine

I have removed your advertising links in your signature. Please don't put them back :)

Also although you say the firewall component is not active in PC Tools Internet Security, the drivers for the firewall may be on your machine and causing conflict with OA perhaps.

@Daily Goal Machine

Also although you say the firewall component is not active in PC Tools Internet Security, the drivers for the firewall may be on your machine and causing conflict with OA perhaps.

I guess that's possible, although I'm not exactly sure where I'd look for them. In a short while (maybe a couple of months), I'll probably be going back to the standard PC Tools Anti-Virus version, which doesn't have a firewall, so maybe that will fix the problem for me?

Thanks,

Mark