OA disturbs mail traffic

Hi,

I am having issues with online armor(free version 5.0.0.1097) and pop mail. It is not really a big problem, but can be very annoying at times....

When my client(i now use thunderbird, but the problem is also with different clients) tries to login to the mailserver it usually takes ages. Often i get the message that the connection is timed-out, and another time the mailserver replies that the login information is not correct???

What i can see when the process begins is that usually the problem starts when exchanging the login information, when this is finished the mail is retrieved immediately.

I now deleted online armor for it and using windows firewall again, and everything works fine. I deleted because it seemed that also when disabled the mail traffic was not as it should be

I hope somebody has an idea for what this problem can cause because i use to prefer OA :thumbs: because it is great.

I now deleted online armor for it and using windows firewall again, and everything works fine. I deleted because it seemed that also when disabled the mail traffic was not as it should be

When you say "disabled", are you referring to deactivating the Firewall component only, or completely shutting down OA?

Hi catprincess,

Thanks for your reply!

I did shut down OA completely, then it looked like the error still existed...

after this i got very unpatient(by nature...) and deleted OA.

Now i have installed OA again, and it seems to work fine, untill now no problems.

I don't understand what happened really...but for now it works.

Maybe something went wrong with the previous installation?