OA Srv spike during disk operations

OASrv spikes up during programs using intense disk operations like Moo cleaner , Duplicate cleaner (while scanning and while sending duplicates to the bin) which are infact whitelisted by OA.Also 2 days ago for the regular windows update , I had to shutdown OA till it got completed. Needless to say the said programs run fast with OA shut down as a test case. :)

Do you have Avast added to OA's exclusions list? And OA added to Avast's exclusion list (I believe Avast has separate exclusions list for some of it's various shields). Do you have any other security software running in realtime?

Added Avast to the OA exception list.Ran the Moo cleaner and still noticed heavy OAsrv spikes. Next removed AVAST and added Moo cleaner to the OA exception and that helped.

Hence the deal is strictly between OA and Moocleaner or Duplicate cleaner.AVAST is not in the picture.

Besides AVAST no other security programs are running.

Did you also add OA to Avast's exclusions list? How much CPU is oaserv actually using when this happens?

Added OA and AVAST to each other's exception list.On running MOO cleaner the OASRV spike increased from 20% TO 23%.

I believe all the possible conditions have been tried out.I hope we should be moving closer to the solution now,,, :)

Looking at what I assume is the site for MOO cleaner? http://www.moosoft.com/, the program appears to be some kind of security software which I didn't realise previously. In this case, the recommended course of action would certainly be to exclude MOO cleaner in OA and if possible exclude OA in MOO cleaner.

I am not sure which Duplicate Cleaner you are referring to though, or how how much CPU oaserv.exe uses when you run this program?

Looking at what I assume is the site for MOO cleaner? http://www.moosoft.com/, the program appears to be some kind of security software which I didn't realise previously. In this case, the recommended course of action would certainly be to exclude MOO cleaner in OA and if possible exclude OA in MOO cleaner.

I am not sure which Duplicate Cleaner you are referring to though, or how how much CPU oaserv.exe uses when you run this program?

Both Moocleaner and Duplicate cleaner (available in google search) are junkfile cleaners and have been rated trusted (I think) by OA.Earlier I had mentioned even Microsoft update leading to a spike in OA. I believe not much of security is involved here,, just that OA specifically targets quick diskscanning programs.

I didn't see anything about junk files on Moosoft's site unless I am looking at the wrong site. The site states that the program has "Real-time Malware Protection" and "Advanced Malware Detection and Removal". Perhaps you don't have it running at all times though. If you do though, it means that you have 3 separate security programs that are keeping an eye on your system and if they aren't all excluded from each other, CPU can be wasted with them keeping an eye on each other as well. This can potentially lead to high CPU usage during Microsoft updates as well as other regular activities.

I don't have either of these particular programs you've mentioned, but I've not observed any high CPU usage by oaserv.exe during Microsoft Updates. I did check last night when running other disk cleaners or programs that search extensively through the whole registry and are very CPU intensive on their own during a scan and the most CPU that oaserv.exe used during this was 4%. I'm not running the same O/S as you though, so I guess results may differ on different O/S's.

I didn't see anything about junk files on Moosoft's site unless I am looking at the wrong site. The site states that the program has "Real-time Malware Protection" and "Advanced Malware Detection and Removal". Perhaps you don't have it running at all times though. If you do though, it means that you have 3 separate security programs that are keeping an eye on your system and if they aren't all excluded from each other, CPU can be wasted with them keeping an eye on each other as well. This can potentially lead to high CPU usage during Microsoft updates as well as other regular activities.

I don't have either of these particular programs you've mentioned, but I've not observed any high CPU usage by oaserv.exe during Microsoft Updates. I did check last night when running other disk cleaners or programs that search extensively through the whole registry and are very CPU intensive on their own during a scan and the most CPU that oaserv.exe used during this was 4%. I'm not running the same O/S as you though, so I guess results may differ on different O/S's.

THe name is MOO Disk cleaner (I had mentioned the name correctly in my first thread --now closed).THe links are here..http://www.moo0.com/software/DiskCleaner/ and for duplicate cleaner..http://www.digitalvolcano.co.uk/content/duplicate-cleaner.

They are very innocent..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I had written in the past regarding OA spike especially while running extensive disk (I/O) based programs. When I run Moo0 disk cleaner it spiked unneccessarily eventhough trusted, I had to finally put it under exclusion of OA list. Even now recently while installing a windows software , continually trusted by OA (based on the alerts of Trusted by OA) , the OAsrv.exe was spiking to the extent it was slowing down the installation. I had to shutdown OA and then the installation was a breeze. Wish that is sorted out...