Sign in to follow this  
trujwin

History Link not working

Clicking on anyone of the OA action list in history is not working except for Blocked actions or the allow (program start) actions. If a thumbnail is given the link should definitely work?

A screen grab is attached.

In your screenshot, the selected item is networx.exe. Is this one that the hyperlink doesn't work for or are you referring to the ones below it for OA's own processes? In your Programs list, the "Hide trusted" option also needs to be unticked there for the hyperlinks to work for trusted programs.

In your screenshot, the selected item is networx.exe. Is this one that the hyperlink doesn't work for or are you referring to the ones below it for OA's own processes? In your Programs list, the "Hide trusted" option also needs to be unticked there for the hyperlinks to work for trusted programs.

Yeah the hide option is unticked and the problem is still there.The way a suggestion is offered I was wondering if the problem was unique to me.. :unsure::angry:

So shall it be confirmed as a "TO DO" item? Also if at all "Trusted programs" are hidden ,the clicking thru link should still be over-riding and lock at the particular program for the user , who may want to untrust it etc.

By the way it was Networx that was given in the snapshot , which did not work.Today I tried it with some other programs and they too did not work.

Yeah the hide option is unticked and the problem is still there.The way a suggestion is offered I was wondering if the problem was unique to me.. :unsure::angry:

Well, unfortunately as far as I know, no one else has reported having this problem (with the exception of instances where the "Hide Trusted" box in Programs was unticked and with OA's own processes which intentionally aren't present in the Program's list). If the cause can be located though, I'm sure it will be fixed :)

When you click the hyperlink, what happens exactly? Does it take you the Programs section and just not highlight the correct item, or does nothing happen at all and you just remain on the History page?

Well, unfortunately as far as I know, no one else has reported having this problem (with the exception of instances where the "Hide Trusted" box in Programs was unticked and with OA's own processes which intentionally aren't present in the Program's list). If the cause can be located though, I'm sure it will be fixed :)

When you click the hyperlink, what happens exactly? Does it take you the Programs section and just not highlight the correct item, or does nothing happen at all and you just remain on the History page?

Thanks for trying to help. Does this function work at your end as expected? Leave alone others reporting , I would request that the first testing should be by you.. :) as it does not involve any other extraneous program related issues.

Clicking on the hyperlink does not lead anywhere.

Sorry I didn't make this clear earlier :) - Yes, the hyperlinks do and always have worked fine here. What they do is lead directly to that entry in the Programs, Autoruns or Anti-keylogger sections etc.

Hi trujwin,

Good news :) I looked over your screenshot again and thought some more about this after being unable to reproduce it previously. By duplicating the specific action of enumeration (get a list of files), that is pictured in your screenshot, I was able to reproduce the problem. At the moment, I've only been able to reproduce it with entries that refer to enumeration but I'm still taking a look.

Thanks for reporting it and I'm sure Emsisoft will get it fixed as soon as they can :)

Hi trujwin,

Good news :) I looked over your screenshot again and thought some more about this after being unable to reproduce it previously. By duplicating the specific action of enumeration (get a list of files), that is pictured in your screenshot, I was able to reproduce the problem. At the moment, I've only been able to reproduce it with entries that refer to enumeration but I'm still taking a look.

Thanks for reporting it and I'm sure Emsisoft will get it fixed as soon as they can :)

Thanks, if could be of any help. By the way have to admit you are quiet a taskmaster... ;)

I'm not sure that it matters now, but I can also confirm that for the action of getting a list of files, the link within the History section to the program in the Programs list does not work. Although the mouse cursor does change to indicate a clickable link, when the link is clicked, nothing at all happens.

Hi trujwin,

Hi Everyone,

The problem is fixed)

Thanks for reporting.

Best regards,

Andrey.

Hi Everyone,

The problem is fixed)

Thanks for reporting.

Best regards,

Andrey.

Even as I write , the behavior is still seen and OA is up to date. Perhaps it is noted for a near implementation.

Even as I write , the behavior is still seen and OA is up to date. Perhaps it is noted for a near implementation.

Yep, it's fixed for the next release of OA :) The current version of OA is still 5.0.0.1097.