Sign in to follow this  
hackerman1

Installing OA-Premium v5 30 day trial, but i get OA-Free instead ?

hi !

when i install OA-Premium v5 30 day trial, i´m getting OA-Free instead ?

i have done a "normal" installation with the latest available version, a fresh download directly from Emsisoft.

during installation in the screen where you can enter a key if you already have one, i just clicked on "Next" as instructed.

previously (on v4.5 etc.) there were a trial-key needed, is it still needed to enter a trial-key ?

if so which key is that ?

i can´t find any information anywhere, and i have searched....

O/S is W7-Enterprise 64-bit.

I noticed this as well when I was recently trying to troubleshoot a problem with a V5 install on my computer. When I tried to do the 30-day trial I ended up getting the free version instead.

hi !

THANKS !

i´m not alone....

i was beginning to believe i was stupid....

the weird thing is, i even tried to install v4.5 using the "old" trial-key that was needed back then, but i still get OA-Free, even with v4.5

the weird thing is, i even tried to install v4.5 using the "old" trial-key that was needed back then, but i still get OA-Free, even with v4.5

I might be wrong, but as far as I remember if you have used a trial key for a previous version, you are not "eligible" for the 30 day trial any more on your current system. No matter which version you are trying to evaluate.

However, one of the moderators will answer you as soon as possible.

Cheers,

N.

I might be wrong, but as far as I remember if you have used a trial key for a previous version, you are not "eligible" for the 30 day trial any more on your current system. No matter which version you are trying to evaluate.

Cheers,

N.

it a completely NEW W7-installation on a formatted partition, so there is nothing "leftover"...

anyway, i have now solved the problem !

i installed OA ++ instead of OA-Premium, then i got a 30-day-trial.

OA is now installed and running, "converted" to OA-Premium by removing the a2-folder.

I have EAM running separately so i don´t want OA ++.

it a completely NEW W7-installation on a formatted partition, so there is nothing "leftover"...

By that, do you also mean that OA Premium has never been installed on this system at all? If for example you'd installed OA Premium in the past on that system and sometime later you'd reformatted and reinstalled the O/S and selected to trial OA Premium, the trial for OA Premium would still be expired (and hence revert to OA Free).

it ´s a NEW installation on a formatted patition, so obvoiously there can NOT exist any leftovers from any software.

anyway, both of you have misunderstood the problem, i installed OA-Premium WITHOUT using any key, as instructed, and got OA-Free.

when that didn´t work i LATER even tried OA v4.5 with the trial-key that was used when v4.5 were the latest version.

anyway, as i said above: problem solved, i´m running OA-Premium now, OA++ without a2...

it ´s a NEW installation on a formatted patition, so obvoiously there can NOT exist any leftovers from any software.

It doesn't matter whether it's a new installation if OA has been installed on that hardware previously (I don't know if that's the case but your post doesn't indicate it's not so I have no way of knowing). The trial's are tied not only to the O/S, but the computer's hardware.

Anyways, if you are happy with your solution, then no worries :)