chitgurl

Blue Screen of Death. Please Help me

Hello all ....

This is my first post. I went through all the other post but I haven't found the same problem that I am having hence my post. I am using Windows XP SP3 and OA ++ (free 30 day tryout) for the first couple of days it has been AWESOME, but for some unknown reason to me I keep getting the blue screen and then auto reboot each time I watch any type of video on the net (Netflix, Hulu, and Youtube). It doesn't matter if I use IE8 or the latest Firefox (as of todays date). My Windows version is 32 bit. I have no other security on my pc but OA++. I have updoaded each time I have suffered a crash and the information that OA gave me follows:

Id: 51987

Name: MINI070411-01.DMP

Path: C:\WINDOWS\MINIDUMP\

Result: Submitted successfully

Id: 51994

Name: MINI070411-02.DMP

Id: 51999

Name: MINI070411-03.DMP

Id: 52000

Name: MINI070411-04.DMP

Id: 52033

Name: MINI070511-01.DMP

I truly hope I have included all the needed information If I haven't please forgive me (I am new with computer security I come from a time when all you needed was anti virus and a firewall! Boy have things changed!!)

If anyone can help me I'd greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks in advance!

PS. Can anyone suggest any other security programs that I should have besides OA++?? I feel like a dork asking that question but boy has computer security changed over the past 10 years!!

Hi chitgurl,

If you still have the minidumps, you might also attach them to this thread (you'll need to zip them first) so Emsisoft can take a look :)

Hi Catprincess!! My Sis was a foreign exchange student who was in Australia for a year....so "Good-day Mate"!! I already uploaded the minidumps to OA as they happened I am not sure how to find them again on my system .... but I haven't deleted anything. so ... I should upload them again?? How would I find them to do this? (sorry I sound like a dork but man times have changed!!)

Hi chitgurl,

I've taken a look at the dumps you submitted.

Most of the dumps were referring to memory corruption.

Could you please check if your RAM is ok ? Looks like it's a hardware error.

Best regards,

Andrey.

I know I am going overboard with the apologies .... but how would I go about checking my memory. I have never noticed this problem before so how can I check my memory to see if this is true?

ok... so far I have reset my memory in my system (taking memory out and reinserting it .... but I am not sure if this has fixed the problem.... I haven't tried to look at video's , don't want system to crash again. Recently I had a very nasty Trojan on my system .... could that be my same problem even though I used the emergency kit to test my system?The ER kit say's my system is fine.... Good Lord.... I am so confused!!

ok... so far I have reset my memory in my system (taking memory out and reinserting it .... but I am not sure if this has fixed the problem.... I haven't tried to look at video's , don't want system to crash again. Recently I had a very nasty Trojan on my system .... could that be my same problem even though I used the emergency kit to test my system?The ER kit say's my system is fine.... Good Lord.... I am so confused!!

Well...

Maybe a tool like the one from Microsoft: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Or, if you don't have enough skills - maybe taking your pc to some computer shop that provides hardware diagnosis services would help ?

Best regards,

Andrey.

Thanks I will try site .... but I am NOT taking my pc to a "fix it shop" I am very stubborn! everything I know about computers is because of ME!! Fix it shops try to gouge you!! When I got this system I rebuilt it myself!! It is a Dell built in 2005. I have figured out everything else about this system and I am not going to let a memory problem turn me into a PUNK!! I replaced the memory just two years ago! Wow I am hurt that memory is failing again....

Thanks I will try site .... but I am NOT taking my pc to a "fix it shop" I am very stubborn! everything I know about computers is because of ME!! Fix it shops try to gouge you!! When I got this system I rebuilt it myself!! It is a Dell built in 2005. I have figured out everything else about this system and I am not going to let a memory problem turn me into a PUNK!! I replaced the memory just two years ago! Wow I am hurt that memory is failing again....

)) Hehe... Then I guess you have the needed skills/time to nail the problem with hardware down ;)

P.S.

You're right... computer shops aren't that fast and reliable all the time ))