hi, from down unda;

i have recently installed windows xp prof sp3 o.s, to a newer pc, with online armor firewall free edition, & avira antivirus,

i was in process of installing my hp photosmart all in one printer(c4180) & keep getting continuous pop ups, although i had ticked boxes ( remember my options,trust/install mode) had @ least 50 pop ups, & caused a fatal error with hp install;

uninstalled hp printer & reinstalled, & seems to be working correctly; but now have pop up window that say OAUI.exe-no disk & have to click on 1/2 dozen times before disappears, same pop up has shown up when i have right clicked firewall tray icon,has also popped up when i have gone to block a program from accessing the net with-out my permission ;

i have been using online armor firewall fr3 for a number of years now,(version 3.1.0.0) & honestly firewall seems to be getting dumber & dumber;

Have you considered uninstalling OA, rebooting twice, and reinstalling it again? I say that because my experiences with HP printer software are such that I would always have the printer installed first as there seem to be hundreds of little HP files.

I know this advice sounds like a bit of a get out, but it sounds as thought HP may has corrupted part of OA. The only other time I've seen 'insert disk' or 'no disc in drive' when trying to start a software application on a new OS install was because Windows had gotten the association mixed up at install. Putting a blank disc in the drive and running the software that mentioned it, allowed the software to run and stopped the error from happening again.

If you go down the re-install route do a trust all install and remember to exclude your av from OA and vice versa.

Let us know how you get on.

hey;

appears i spoke to soon; just had trouble with windows Dr Watson debugger, saying oausrv.dll in conflict or not registered;windows error log doesn't seem to have any event relating to error; :(

removed online armor firewall, but noticed oaevent.dll & oawatch.dll wouldn't remove even after reboot;

did windows check disk & everything 100%,

reinstalled firewall & allowed wizard to run check; & now just crossing fingers, eyes & toes, that things are o.k :o

just rememberd after trolling help forums, that on old p.c had to deactivate hips; as conflicted with avira antivrus guard ;

Hi MadEinstein,

Have you tried adding Avira Antivirus to OA's Exclusions and OA to Avira's exclusion list as previously suggested by stapp? You will need to include also sub forders in both those exclusions.

hey;

yup added both programs to each others exclusion list, 1 of 1st things i did;

since disabling hips, haven't had anymore complaints from dr watson or no disk error;

have located dr watson error file & will attach;

online armor free is version 5.0.0.1097

avira antivirus is version v8.02.06.06-7/10/2011

removed online armor firewall, but noticed oaevent.dll & oawatch.dll wouldn't remove even after reboot;

Did you reboot twice after uninstalling? It takes two reboots for everything to be removed properly :)

If you see that error again, perhaps you could post a screenshot of it here.