Sign in to follow this  
zutroi67

Constant bluescreening problem

Hi. I've been using OA firewall for years and finally paid for the pro version recently. I paid a little extra for the bundled Antimalware. Straight after installing both firewall and antimalware, my computer started crashing once every few hours. My file access times were so poor running the antimalware, and the crashes were so often, that I uninstalled the antimalware software and went back to Avira. I continue to use OA firewall as I like it a lot, but my machine continues to crash two or three times each session. I have been running this machine for a while now, and it's never bluescreened before under Windows 7 64-bit, until I'd installed this new software. If I leave my computer on overnight, or while I'm at work, when I come home I find that it has always been rebooted because of a "crash". Any ideas how to tighten things up here? I always send the minidumps back to Emsisoft. Dunno if that helps or not. Thanks. zutroi

Hi. I've been using OA firewall for years and finally paid for the pro version recently. I paid a little extra for the bundled Antimalware. Straight after installing both firewall and antimalware, my computer started crashing once every few hours. My file access times were so poor running the antimalware, and the crashes were so often, that I uninstalled the antimalware software and went back to Avira. I continue to use OA firewall as I like it a lot, but my machine continues to crash two or three times each session. I have been running this machine for a while now, and it's never bluescreened before under Windows 7 64-bit, until I'd installed this new software. If I leave my computer on overnight, or while I'm at work, when I come home I find that it has always been rebooted because of a "crash". Any ideas how to tighten things up here? I always send the minidumps back to Emsisoft. Dunno if that helps or not. Thanks. zutroi

Hi zutroi67,

Could you please tell me the submission IDs you were given when submitted the crash dumps?

If you do not recall the submission IDs - could you please email the dumps to oasupport (at) emsisoft (dot) com ?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Andrey.

Also Zutro what security software were you running alongside OA BEFORE you installed the Antimalware?

Oops, got busy. I had MSSE installed prior to Antimalware. I haven't tried the Antimalware program since I deleted it. My bluescreens stopped occurring, so I know it was teh Antimalware program causing the 2-3 lockups and bluescreens per computing session. I had it good for a while, but now OA is starting to lockup and bluescreen when I perform file transfers to/from my NAS. If I turn off the program guard, this stops from happening. Win7 64-bit, Avira Free. I seriously never had a bluescreen up until these things occurred. I'd prefer to stay with OA, as I like the system, just not the lockups and bluescreens! Thanks.

Please provide the following information:

1) The crash dump (or the crash dump submission ID if you submitted it via OA Crash Dump Reporting Tool)

2) OA version you have installed

3) AM version you had installed previously

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Andrey.