Naughtyb

Disappointment in OA & support

Well I must say that as a paying customer of OA I am more than a little disappointed with the response that I got from the support team. Slow to respond and I had to raise the matter several times before I got anyone to take the matter seriously. Unfortunately by that time I had lost all confidence in not only the support but OA itself.

How can you have full confidence in a product when part of that product fails to work? How can you be certain that the other parts are working as you would expect them to work? Most things are about confidence and once this is lost then it is hard to get it back.

I have used OA for several years now apart from when I initially bought my current pc which was Windows 7 64 bit. As soon as they started supporting 64 bit I immediately took out a subscription.

As with any paying customer I have expectations and standards of what I should receive in return for a purchased product. I get very annoyed when I don’t appear to be getting the service that I had paid for. It is with deep regret that I have uninstalled OA, a decision that I have not taken lightly as I still had approx. 179 days left on my OA Premium licence.

I have replaced it with another Firewall.

NaughtyB

Hi NaughtyB,

I'm unsure what particular issue this is in regards to? As I recall, your OA didn't update automatically to v5 and as soon as we'd established that this is what had occurred, an Emsisoft employee promptly addressed this in your thread and asked you to give them your key details so they could fix it. I assume you complied with their request and they looked into it and fixed the issue as the next day you reported that OA had now updated.

The other issue I remember is with Trusteer Rapport stopping OA from blocking domains. This doesn't seem to be an OA issue, but something that Trusteer Rapport need to address. However, as I mentioned previously, due to the way Trusteer Rapport offers it's protection, it may just be that it's an unavoidable side effect of running the program.

In any case, I'm sorry you had problems and wish you well :)

I too am disappointed with the support here, I cannot even install OA V5 on my second XP boot otherwise it renders that boot completely useless. I have provided logs and detailed information to Emsisoft about this, yet nobody has gotten back to me with a solution or even to tell me they are working on it.

I have also been a paying customer for several years as well, and I doubt they are even giving my issue a second thought. Even though it is a MAJOR problem that cripples my second XP boot.

This is usually what happens when one company sells out to another, customer service degrades drastically and the product eventually suffers and dies a slow death. Tall Emu was wonderful with service and support, Emsisoft just doesn't seem to be as vigilant in helping their customers.

I absolutely love OA and cannot even imagine using anything else, but I may have to consider choosing something else as my subscription ends soon, and I am not sure i want to bother buying another if they won't help me with the OA problems I have been having.

I too am disappointed with the support here, I cannot even install OA V5 on my second XP boot otherwise it renders that boot completely useless. I have provided logs and detailed information to Emsisoft about this, yet nobody has gotten back to me with a solution or even to tell me they are working on it.

I have also been a paying customer for several years as well, and I doubt they are even giving my issue a second thought. Even though it is a MAJOR problem that cripples my second XP boot.

This is usually what happens when one company sells out to another, customer service degrades drastically and the product eventually suffers and dies a slow death. Tall Emu was wonderful with service and support, Emsisoft just doesn't seem to be as vigilant in helping their customers.

I absolutely love OA and cannot even imagine using anything else, but I may have to consider choosing something else as my subscription ends soon, and I am not sure i want to bother buying another if they won't help me with the OA problems I have been having.

Do you have two XP installs on the same disk with a boot manager or XP installed on different disks?

Hi ITPython,

Sorry to hear you are having problems. If you'd like direct contact with Emsisoft, you may prefer using their Customer Center http://cc.emsisoft.com/ or trying their Live chat here http://livechat.emsisoft.com/chat.php

With regards to logs, please bear in mind, that you will likely only get a response about them if an Emsisoft employee has specifically requested you to get them and instructed you on where to send them.

Edit: Since the topic of this thread is feedback related rather than asking for help with a specific problem, I've moved it to a more appropriate section. If anyone wants to discuss their specific problem further, please do so in your original thread to avoid confusion - as per the Terms of Use quoted below and detailed here http://support.emsisoft.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras§ion=boardrules

If you are seeking help make sure to only create one thread per problem at a time. Multiple threads about the same problem will get closed.

Do you have two XP installs on the same disk with a boot manager or XP installed on different disks?

They are both on the same disk, using the standard Windows boot manager. I have been dual booting XP for years now and never had any problems with OA on either of the boots until V5.

If you have any suggestions or solutions, please reply to the thread I created in the OA section.

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/4954-oa-renders-my-second-xp-boot-useless/

@cat - I suppose I could try a more direct line of customer support, but I have always found the forums for OA to do the trick, but I guess Emsisoft doesn't read or participate in their forums as much as Tall Emu did.

Well I must say that as a paying customer of OA I am more than a little disappointed with the response that I got from the support team. Slow to respond and I had to raise the matter several times before I got anyone to take the matter seriously. Unfortunately by that time I had lost all confidence in not only the support but OA itself.

How can you have full confidence in a product when part of that product fails to work? How can you be certain that the other parts are working as you would expect them to work? Most things are about confidence and once this is lost then it is hard to get it back.

I have used OA for several years now apart from when I initially bought my current pc which was Windows 7 64 bit. As soon as they started supporting 64 bit I immediately took out a subscription.

As with any paying customer I have expectations and standards of what I should receive in return for a purchased product. I get very annoyed when I don’t appear to be getting the service that I had paid for. It is with deep regret that I have uninstalled OA, a decision that I have not taken lightly as I still had approx. 179 days left on my OA Premium licence.

I have replaced it with another Firewall.

NaughtyB

Dear NaughtyB,

We would greatly appreciate If you'd make a list of what you've expected from us and either post it here or send via email/pm. I must say that I'm surprised by your post. When I was dealing with updates problem you had - we've solved it in a few hours.

As for "some parts not working":

(I guess we're talking about OA not being able to block a web site) On my laptop, on several test boxes and virtual machines

OA is capable to block sites. So, this is something with your setup. If you still want to investigate the issue - please drop me a pm.

Thank you in advance,

Sincerely,

Andrey.

They are both on the same disk, using the standard Windows boot manager. I have been dual booting XP for years now and never had any problems with OA on either of the boots until V5.

If you have any suggestions or solutions, please reply to the thread I created in the OA section.

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/4954-oa-renders-my-second-xp-boot-useless/

@cat - I suppose I could try a more direct line of customer support, but I have always found the forums for OA to do the trick, but I guess Emsisoft doesn't read or participate in their forums as much as Tall Emu did.

Replied ;)

Best regards,

Andrey.