Gloops

How to authorize chaining to varying path

Hello,

Can you please tell me how to tell Online-Armor to authorize Avast to load its updates ?

The path to the update is of the form C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\defs\11070900\Sf.bin.

I thought the authorization I gave with the previous pop-up was not saved, but I realize the date is included in the path, so it changes every day. I had the same sort of problem before the upgrading of Avast, but it is quite possible the cause was of the same type.

I use Online Armor Firewall 4.0.0.14.Free on Windows XP Home SP3 (32 bits), along with Avast Antivirus 6.0.1.203 and Spyware Terminator 2.7.2.125.

Yours faithfully

Hi Gloops,

Adding Avast's folder to OA's exclusions list will allow Avast and OA to coexist peacefully and your Avast updates to go smoothly. It would also be a good idea to add OA to Avast's exclusions list. It's always recommended to exclude all security software from each other to avoid conflicts :)

Yeah , similiar problems here with SF.bin sprouting almost incessantly each day.I will try adding it to exclusion lists. But might be in the future OA could take up permissions for a particular file amongst the exception folder.

Hi Gloops,

Adding Avast's folder to OA's exclusions list will allow Avast and OA to coexist peacefully and your Avast updates to go smoothly. It would also be a good idea to add OA to Avast's exclusions list. It's always recommended to exclude all security software from each other to avoid conflicts :)

Nice, I did it. Hem, just after Avast's update, so I shall have confirmation tomorrow about having resolved this problem. Good thing you told me, it was only once you told me about the exclusion section that I could look everywhere to find it.

Thank you.

Yeah , similiar problems here with SF.bin sprouting almost incessantly each day.I will try adding it to exclusion lists. But might be in the future OA could take up permissions for a particular file amongst the exception folder.

Well, in the exception folder, do you think there are still permissions problems ?

I see you have exactly the same problem as I did. I imagine applying what catprincess did should solve your problem too. You will find the exclusions thumb in the Options section, not in the Programs one.

Anyway, thank you to have added something, as my mail alert about answers was not yet active when catprincess answered.