Hi.

Some months ago I started a thread http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/4347-sandboxie/page__p__26147__fromsearch__1#entry26147 about an issue with Sandboxie.

I managed to find a way around it but lately I've been having more glitches.

I found (yet) another solution: I downloaded Chrome (my browser is FF) and excluded it from OA. This way I can run it sandboxed with no problems.

My idea is to keep FF as my everyday browser and use Chrome only when I need to surf sandboxed.

But now I have a concern: what exactly means to exclude a browser? Am I excluding the program itself? Or everything it does? Will my browsing actions still be monitored by OA? How much of a security risk this may create?

Any feedback will be appreciated. Sandboxie is my most trusted security app and I want to be sure of what I'm doing.

Thanks in advance.

If you exclude a browser (or any program) in OA, OA just doesn't monitor that program. You won't get any popups (Program Guard/Web Shield/Keyloggers/Antivirus/Firewall) for anything to do with this program.

Now I have a real issue!

Sandboxie or OA? The answer is: Sandboxie.

Could a dev pop-in? I don't want to ditch OA.

Why do my browsers (all of them) are "run safered" when I sandboxie them?

P.S. Thanks Cat.

OA detects when a program is running with limited rights and displays the green border accordingly. As an example, you could use another dedicated program such as DropMyRights to limit the rights of a program and OA will still display the green border around this program if the "colored border" option is ticked in Programs -> Options.

Sandboxie has an option to "drop rights" of programs running in the sandbox if I recall. I'm not sure if you have this option enabled but if this option is enabled and OA's option to display the coloured border was enabled, sandboxed browsers would show the green border.

Sandboxie has an option to "drop rights" of programs running in the sandbox if I recall. I'm not sure if you have this option enabled but if this option is enabled and OA's option to display the coloured border was enabled, sandboxed browsers would show the green border.

Finally I got to the bottom of this!

Yes, if you uncheck "drop rights" in Sandboxie the issue is gone.

Or if you want to use that feature of Sandboxie but just don't want to see OA's green border, you can just disable the coloured border in OA. I think the "drop rights" feature was enabled by default in the past for x64 to provide better security, prior to "Experimental Protection" being introduced.

Or if you want to use that feature of Sandboxie but just don't want to see OA's green border, you can just disable the coloured border in OA.

I didn't mind to see the border. the problem was that Sandboxie would behave quite unpredictably with Run Safer.

I think the "drop rights" feature was enabled by default in the past for x64 to provide better security, prior to "Experimental Protection" being introduced.

You're right. I'll either change my account from admn to standard user or enable Experimental Protection. I'm just waiting for feedback from Sandboxie forums.

Thanks for the help.