pabrate

Where can I see whitelist...

Hello,

First I must say that I really like your software, great job, keep up the good work !

Just this one thing...after first scan there were a big number of false positives so I've added about 95% of them to the whitelist.

Question is : Where can I see what I've added to whitelist ?

Hi pabrate, and welcome to the forum

Scan PC screen. Find "Manage whilelist" under the scan type Options

WhiteListLink.jpg

My regards

Thank You.

Yes, I saw that, forgot to say something about that, trouble is that I can't see what files (folders) is whitelisted and that is what I need. This list of malware names means nothing to me :(

That was discussed before, meaning that it would be possible to give details when user is reviewing White List.

So that is in the Wish List for managing White List :)

At the same time the best way is always save the report before making any decision.

The report contains all details.

Since you put items into the White List you were sure that they are safe.

So, just release them; update a-squared and rescan.

This time save the report and put them back.

Anyway you have to periodically do that, including the fact that you think those are FPs. Probably some of them were fixed.

Actually, before placing items into the White List you better submit as well from the detection list for analysis.

If you think about FPs it is better to submit and wait for the results after updates... and then decide in case some of the flagged items were not fixed

My regards

Thank You.

Yes, I saw that, forgot to say something about that, trouble is that I can't see what files (folders) is whitelisted and that is what I need. This list of malware names means nothing to me :(

The white list has actually two kind of entries:

You can either whitelist malware names (which is done if you whitelist malware using the contextmenu of the scanner) or using file or directory names. If you whitelist a malware name you will never see a warning again from the scanner for that particular malware name, no matter what the name of the file is. If you whitelist a file or directory name the file or directory is not scanned so you will no longer trigger any kind of alerts no matter what malware is found inside of them.

In your case you can't see files you have whitelisted since you simply haven't whitelisted any files but only malware names. To whitelist specific files you have to add them yourself without using the context menu of the scanner.

By the way ... a-squared Anti-Malware 5.0 will have a completely reworked whitelisting feature.

Thank You for fast and detailed reply.

That is a great tip, didn't occured to me that I can remove them all and scan again ^_^

Would be nice if that feature for showing file path is added to options in the future updates. Great to hear that it's in wish list :)

Because I was not familiar with all the options after first scan, possible FP's are not submited but I'll do that for sure in future scans.

Regards

...By the way ... a-squared Anti-Malware 5.0 will have a completely reworked whitelisting feature.

Hi Fabian,

Thanks for these incoming changes.

My regards

{added} pabrate,

I was excited about new features of the future, so forgot to tell that I am glad that the replies were helpful ;)

And "yes" - about submissions

Plus keep in mind that you may not need Deep Scan. When items are released you can use Custom Scans of those folders where files are residing. Leave all options as default

That would be deep scanning the folders

My regards