Online Armor install causing (0xc0000142) error

Hi

My system is

Win 7 Pro

Anti Virus - Latest Avast at at Jul 11.

I read good reviews of Online Armor and installed the current free one (v5?)

Once it installs and restarts, I can not get any programs to load like Mic Word, Firefox, Avast Anti Virus etc. I did close all programs and with Avast I turned to 'OFF' all the shields before install.

The error that arises is

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142.Click OK to close the application

I used System Restore point to fix. Restarted twice, reinstalled, same issue.

Please advise otherwise i need to look elswhere.

Thanks

Hi Roddy,

Did you add Avast to OA's exclusions list under Options -> Exclusions and also add OA to Avast's exclusions list (I think you need to exclude it in multiple places in Avast)?

Hi Catprincess,

Update 16/07: I uninstalled Avast Anti Virus and then re installed Online Armor to exclude any clashes there, it made no differences, exact same error message arose and programs would not start. I used system restore again..

I note the online armour folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\, is still there despite it being uninstalled. Not sure if there would be log files there to help?

Please advise.

Hi Catprincess,

Update 16/07: I uninstalled Avast Anti Virus and then re installed Online Armor to exclude any clashes there, it made no differences, exact same error message arose and programs would not start. I used system restore again..

I note the online armour folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\, is still there despite it being uninstalled. Not sure if there would be log files there to help?

Please advise.

I just ran SFC System File Checker tool and it said verifcation 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Debug logs would only have been created if Debug mode was enabled from Options -> General. I'm not sure why the folder didn't get removed as the uninstaller should remove everything (it takes two reboots for Windows to remove drivers though). I'm unsure if you uninstalled OA with the uninstaller though or if you were only referring to using System Restore to remove it?

Debug logs would only have been created if Debug mode was enabled from Options -> General. I'm not sure why the folder didn't get removed as the uninstaller should remove everything (it takes two reboots for Windows to remove drivers though). I'm unsure if you uninstalled OA with the uninstaller though or if you were only referring to using System Restore to remove it?

Hi Catprincess,

I do not think i could actually get into the control panel to use 'uninstall' so I simply used a previous restore point.

I have actually gone with another firewall for now, with no similar problems to OA, not to say it OA is not a decent firewall or that its not compatable with Win 7 which it obviously is. I may return to it.

Thanks for your help.