me n mamutu 1st round, it's not playing nice with my vista setup

Found the product on GOTD, was glad to see something more progressive on the security 'front'-

and by the way, I see on their boards that many consumers are confused by what they expect to happen or not with any security program for a PC. The 'where's the scan button' one sums up what I mean- :)

ok, with my google running, all seems well- but if I open my IE9, everything starts to slooowwww dooowwwnnnn from there, and trying to get back into my computer will allways fail-

I noticed it slowly starting right after I installed{ using google to surf), did a restart & started checking stuff to see what was up, and by not allowing a mamutu @startup I am able to keep going, but after starting it, the slowww doowwwnnn starts & even Task mng will not open.

let's see, on a HP Pav laptop I have Vista home, a free copy of Vista7Firewall, avast as my 'daily running'; I have the malware bytes onboard but not auto start-just use it on ocassion & for some 'right-click' scan that stuff-

I haven't let it (M) run for a full 15 min after seeing the sluggy stuff start & am wondering do I need to just let it slow me down for awhile during an inital 'get to know my system' run-thru, or do you more knowledgable than I think I may have some other issues going on ?

Hi, T Mike welcome to the forum

Please add all information required as in here . For example, even some “General” info is missing

Then, be more specific about your firewall

A the right under HIPS you stated: “windows7firewall ”;

Further you wrote: “free copy of Vista7Firewall”

If you mean Windows native firewall it does not include HIPS, but if you are using some 3rd party “addition/or enhancements” to the native Vista firewall – that has HIPS, please let us know.

State all components of Avast that are in place and active in real-time

Mamutu does not check any net traffic, so that should not cause surfing slowdowns

At the same time, please test alternative browser(s) other than IE9

I know that I can run IE9/Firefox(with many Add-ons)/Chrome/Iron (even all together simultaneously ) whether it's XP or Win7 x64 – no issues whatsoever

“...Task mng will not open...” is a bigger concern. Check System event logged (if any) at the time that take place.

In any case the rule of thumb and 1st thing to do – revise all Rules in all involved Security and make mutual exclusions, so they are not monitoring each other

Please try that and with the additional info provided I hope it will be easier for the developers and users here to assist you

My regards

Thanks Lynx,

Top of the day to ya, getting later for me here in the Pacific NW of USA, but I'll add this quickly :

the firewall is a Free release called "Windows 7 Firewall Control" released by http://www.sphinx-soft.com/~ can't these word/names get confusing sometimes-LOL

My OS is the Vista Home Premium SP2{32}, I have windows Defender on.

The Avast is the current free release & has the standard shields included, all on.

I mentioned the Mamutu release I rec'd as the GOTD, ( http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/), one specifically because as a GOTD website user, we sometimes see a program released there that does indeed vary slightly from some of the same offerings that a surfer may find casually arriving from a search or friends mention.

I'll have to dig into logs and this new programs settings later tonite or probably tomorrow- my Sat. & I'll report back !

ohhhh- the real issue started when I tried opening IE9, even as the IE9 bogs down whatever I was doing in chrome stayed constant & I could surf w/chrome-(I was actually streaming a HULU catch up of warehouse 13) & went to check something on my pc during the break-the pc was sluggy & I opened the M & clicked to go to forums & it launched an IE window that also hung, wouldn't close- task hung/new IE window hung....I did the restart, left M on- went thru & repeated & IE corked & PC slugged down; I turned off M/no boot start, restarted w/o M and ran smooth till restarting M....same slow down & I checked GOTD forums then here...HiYa :)

~thanks, gotta go 4 now- T Mike

Ok, I went and restarted & allowed it to start w/windows again & left it on overnight and this AM I am not having any slowdown PC side issues-zero, none nada, zip... all smooth sailing for 5 hours now, & even saw 1 notification re: a newer game I recently unpacked.

so, I'm gonna guess there was a 'take a snapshot' of my system process that was part of my initial bog-down and it was just me being over-protective that caused me to pull the plug & reach out to you more knowledgeable than I about Mamutu !

Thanks- T Mike

Thanks Lynx,

Top of the day to ya, getting later for me here in the Pacific NW of USA, but I'll add this quickly :

the firewall is a Free release called "Windows 7 Firewall Control" released by http://www.sphinx-soft.com/~ can't these word/names get confusing sometimes-LOL

My OS is the Vista Home Premium SP2{32}, I have windows Defender on.

The Avast is the current free release & has the standard shields included, all on.

I mentioned the Mamutu release I rec'd as the GOTD, ( http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/), one specifically because as a GOTD website user, we sometimes see a program released there that does indeed vary slightly from some of the same offerings that a surfer may find casually arriving from a search or friends mention.

I'll have to dig into logs and this new programs settings later tonite or probably tomorrow- my Sat. & I'll report back !

ohhhh- the real issue started when I tried opening IE9, even as the IE9 bogs down whatever I was doing in chrome stayed constant & I could surf w/chrome-(I was actually streaming a HULU catch up of warehouse 13) & went to check something on my pc during the break-the pc was sluggy & I opened the M & clicked to go to forums & it launched an IE window that also hung, wouldn't close- task hung/new IE window hung....I did the restart, left M on- went thru & repeated & IE corked & PC slugged down; I turned off M/no boot start, restarted w/o M and ran smooth till restarting M....same slow down & I checked GOTD forums then here...HiYa :)

~thanks, gotta go 4 now- T Mike