Sign in to follow this  
GregDashaway

OA++ Antivirus Update Not Complete

Hi.

I am running XP SP3 with Online Armor ++. I am not using another antivirus product.

I just updated Online Armor ++ to 5.0.0.1100 from a much earlier version.

I noticed in History that it said that the Virus Signatures Update failed.

However, when I tried to update again, OA says that I have the most recent version.

In the box on the antivirus page, only the C drive is showing. If I attempt a full scan, it only takes one second, because only the C drive is scanned.

If I attempt a quick scan, then the antivirus seems to scan the whole computer.

I also feel that there is missing information on the antivirus page. It doesn't look complete, almost as if it stopped loading halfway through.

If it's of any use, I also notice on the options>general page that GUI autolock is grayed out. I don't know what this is or if it's related, but I thought I'd report it.

And finally, I was surprised that the Forum didn't recognize my name, email or password. I had to re-register. I haven't been here in awhile. Perhaps this is due to the switchover to Emsisoft?

So there we are.

I suspect that I have to reinstall.

If so, would you please refresh my memory on the best way to do this.

Thanks. You guys are great.

Best wishes -- GregDashaway

In the box on the antivirus page, only the C drive is showing. If I attempt a full scan, it only takes one second, because only the C drive is scanned.

If I attempt a quick scan, then the antivirus seems to scan the whole computer.

I also feel that there is missing information on the antivirus page. It doesn't look complete, almost as if it stopped loading halfway through.

Do you mean that you have other drives connected that aren't displayed there and that your O/S is not located on C drive? Can you post a screenshot of what you see in the Antivirus section and the scan section itself?

If it's of any use, I also notice on the options>general page that GUI autolock is grayed out. I don't know what this is or if it's related, but I thought I'd report it.

This option will only become available if you've set a password for accessing the GUI :)

And finally, I was surprised that the Forum didn't recognize my name, email or password. I had to re-register. I haven't been here in awhile. Perhaps this is due to the switchover to Emsisoft?

The old forum switched over to Emsisoft's main forum a little over 6 months or so ago. It wasn't possible to import the user accounts so you'd have to sign up again. There was an announcement left on the old forum that lists the new site, but perhaps you came from OA's GUI directly rather than from the old site and didn't see it :)

Cat Princess,

I must be half asleep.

Of course, the OS is on the C drive.

The computer also has an A drive (floppy) and D drive (DVD).

I believe these used to show up, too.

When I hit full scan, the light went on for the A drive, and then the scan said it had completed in about 1 second, so I just didn't pay attention and thought that it said A drive in the box instead of C.

In any case, it did not perform a full scan of the computer.

I've made a screen shot of the Antivirus page, but I don't know how to attach it.

I used Print Screen, and saved it as a Word document, but I can't paste it or attach it.

Sorry about that.

Can you give me a hint?

Thanks. -- GregDashaway

The computer also has an A drive (floppy) and D drive (DVD).

I believe these used to show up, too.

Was there any disks inserted in these drives at the time? If you have media in the drives, they should then show up in the Antivirus section and you can tick or untick them as desired.

When I hit full scan, the light went on for the A drive, and then the scan said it had completed in about 1 second, so I just didn't pay attention and thought that it said A drive in the box instead of C.

In any case, it did not perform a full scan of the computer.

Did you see in the "Statistics" section of the scan results window how many files it reported in "Total", and as "Processed" and how many as "Excluded"?

I've made a screen shot of the Antivirus page, but I don't know how to attach it.

I used Print Screen, and saved it as a Word document, but I can't paste it or attach it.

Sorry about that.

Can you give me a hint?

After pressing Print Screen, open Microsoft Paint and paste it into Paint (Ctrl+V). In Paint save the file as either a jpg or png file and then you'll be able to attach it here by scrolling below the text box you type in to where it says "Attachments" and clicking "Browse", then using the "Attach this file" button.

Cat Princess,

Thanks.

I am attaching the AntiVirus page as it usually looks.

Plus the AntiVirus page as it looks after completing a Full Scan in 1 second, and apparently only scanning the A drive.

There is a DVD game in the D drive, but that drive does not show up.

Hi Greg,

In the first screenshot, no drives have been selected for scanning so the scan hasn't found anything to scan. If you tick the box next to the "C drive" it will select this drive and when you scan next it should work properly :)

Cat Princess,

"Well, of course, that makes sense," he says, slapping himself on the forehead.

:blush:

Why don't the other drives show up?

Is it correct that there's only one tab at the top?

And where's the information about when the antivirus was updated last?

-- Greg Dashaway

Why don't the other drives show up?

I guess if you put a floppy drive in, the A drive would show up then, though I'm not sure why the D drive isn't showing if you have a disk in it. You can always right click a drive in Windows Explorer though and choose "Scan with Online Armor" to scan any drive you have attached.

Is it correct that there's only one tab at the top?

Yes, there is only the one tab in the Antivirus section.

And where's the information about when the antivirus was updated last?

This can be found on the Status section under "Updates".

Cat Princess,

Thanks again.

I put a disc in the A drive.

The drive did not show up on the Antivirus page, but I was able to scan the drive from "My Computer"

After I scanned it this way, the A drive popped up on the Antivirus page, but when I closed the page and reopened it, the A drive was gone again.

I scanned the D drive in the same way, but it never showed up on the Antivirus page.

That's all fine.

It's generally the C drive that I want to scan anyway.

One last question, if you don't mind.

Why are two files usually excluded when I scan the computer?

What does "excluded" mean in this case?

Best wishes -- Greg Dashaway

Why are two files usually excluded when I scan the computer?

What does "excluded" mean in this case?

It means that those two files weren't scanned during the AVscan. If they were excluded automatically (there is also an exclusions list where you can enter you own exclusions), then they were likely for OA's own files as there are some set exclusions to exclude them from scanning.

Cat Princess,

Thank you for your help.

It looks like everything is fine.

It's reassuring to know that you are there when I have a question from out of the blue.

I am telepathically sending you a bowl of cream for the cat inside the princess.

Cat Princess,

Thanks.

I am attaching the AntiVirus page as it usually looks.

Plus the AntiVirus page as it looks after completing a Full Scan in 1 second, and apparently only scanning the A drive.

There is a DVD game in the D drive, but that drive does not show up.

Hi GregDashaway,

The bug with scan being possible when no drive is selected is fixed. The fix will be available in the next release.

Thanks for the report :)

Best regards,

Andrey.