hi !

i have also had problems with wlan, it works for a while, maybe an hour or two then the connection is lost.

usually but not always, the W7-icon in the taskbar then says "limited connection".

i have logged all "blocked events" in OA, and the problem seems to be "UDP→, rule missing, packet dropped, network connection lost",

because that is logged everytime the wlan-connection "dies".

and this is on a new W7-installation, on a "clean" formatted partition, so there is nothing leftover from another firewall.

i have never had this problem before, it all started a few weeks ago after i upgraded OA to a new version(5.1100).

yesterday i switched to a backup-copy of OA 4.5, and since then i have not lost my wlan-connection a single time !

a few hours back i installed OA 5.0097 and it also seems to work, i have not lost my wlan-connection yet.

this problem never happpens when i´m using my UMTS-modem, it only happens with wlan at the university.

i have checked with our computersupport, they didn´t know anything about any weird problems with our wlan,

as no one else has reported any problems.

i´ll be back tomorrow with a new report, but i suspect the problem is with OA 5.1100....

my post above was a reply to previous posts in this thread, now they have been removed ?

what is going on ?

The other thread is still in it's original location; none of the posts have been removed from it. New reports of problems are relocated to their own thread to avoid confusion; otherwise the OP's thread can end up 10 pages long with 7 different people all posting their issue in it, all with different setups and different factors involved etc which makes it very difficult for Emsisoft if they are trying to look into the OP's issue and follow up on it with questions. You can always link to another thread from your own if you think it's relevant to your problem :)

this is NOT my thread !

i posted a reply to another post, i didn´t create a new thread.

my post above looks weird since it references problems mentioned in another previous post.

if i want a new thread, then i will create it myself !

where is the thread i replied to ?

this is NOT my thread !

i posted a reply to another post, i didn´t create a new thread.

my post above looks weird since it references problems mentioned in another previous post.

if i want a NEW thread, then i will create it MYSELF, with a PROPER subject!

the subject: "wlan-connection lost" is not doing any good since it doesn´t specify the problem...

i found the other thread again.

i´m going to create a new thread with a proper subject, and the text edited so it looks normal, not referencing previous nonexistent posts.

please delete THIS thread now !