Sign in to follow this  
Jose_Lisbon

Bug?

Hi.

I'm not sure if this is by design: in the Processes window when I scroll down I will see a number of "No" and "Yes" entries in the Monitored column.

I found it strange that so many processes were not being monitored so I double clicked some of them only to read in the Application rule pop-up that yes, they were being monitored.

Could someone enlighten me on this?

Thanks.

Hi Jose_Lisbon,

I think that is not a bug but rather an “indication issue”, which can be improved

Processes window shows currently active processes.

It respectively shows (Yes/No) for those Applications where Rules were created if you ever received an Alert from Mamutu and responded respectively or deliberately set a rule without getting an Alert.

At the same time I would agree that some indications there are not very comprehensive

For example, “No” means “Excluded” if such rule was created by the user, but there are some “NO's” :) for those Applications that are still being monitored silently or excluded, because say they belong to trusted known Applications.

That is definitely not clear and I hope that the developers shed some light on that

a side note: Unfortunately there is no Help for Mamutu. Clicking on a “? Help” link will fire up help file for Anti-Malware, where I couldn't find the description of the feature we are discussing now

Let's hope that will be fixed as well

My regards

Thanks for the answer Linx, that explains it.

As you said, it can be improved.

For ex. I had Avast as "Yes" and when I excluded it it turned "No" and joined other "Nos" which are still being monitored.

The Help pane could use with some update as well.

Regards,

Jose.