Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Green Bay Packers

Emsisoft Key

5 posts in this topic

Okay, so I got this paid Emsisoft key and used it to activate a license on Emsisoft Anti-Malware. Right now, I have 351 days left, and I was wondering, if I uninstalled Emsisoft right now, do I just lose all 351 days? Or do I get to continue that the next time I reinstall Emsisoft? Also, please don't ask any questions on why I want to uninstall it, I'm not going to, but if I DID, would I need a new key? Or could I use this old one I was already using?

Green Bay Packers,

The key for Emsisoft Anti-Malware 5 can only be used once. At that moment the license information (e.g. 1 year, 1 PC) is attached to your Emsisoft user account.

If you uninstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware 5 and reinstall it, on the same PC or another PC, all you need is the user account information (username + password). The date the license will end doesn't change.

So I can uninstall it and install it again later without paying?

So long as you are using the same license information (email and password) for a single installation you can uninstall and re-install as many times as you need to.

The license expiration date is set and is not dependent on the installation, it is tied to your account. Therefore, yes, you can uninstall it and re-install and the license will expire on the date it is supposed to. Uninstalling will not terminate the license.