Laurie

OLA keeps recycling through "Safety Check"

I just reformatted and reinstalled xp-pro sp3 successfully on my Acer One and then moved on to the odious task of reinstalling all my software including Online Armor Premium. That went well too...until I started it up. The first screen I got was the "Safety Check"...so I ran that and at the conclusion restarted my computer as required (to run OAL). However, on restart when it did not run, I clicked on the program in Start Menu only to get the "Safety Check" again. So I reran it, restarted and lo and behold...it came up again. What am I doing wrong? Please advise.

Laurie

Thanks for the fast reply CP. The only other security I'm running is Emsisoft Anti-Malware...and yes, I'm trying to install a fresh download from the Emsisoft site. I've tried it both with Windows Firewall on and off...but get the same results. What do you think?

Laurie

Do you have OA excluded in EAM? Even though OA isn't set up yet, it's files and folder will be present and you should still be able to exclude them in EAM.

If you can disable EAM temporarily while the Safety Check Wizard completes, and keep it disabled until the first reboot and OA's Learning Mode has completed that would probably be what I'd try next :)

OMG!!! I'm tearing my hair out over this! I have disabled EA and ran through the dreaded "Safety Check" again but same problem. Now I'm thinking that I should either uninstall both EA and OL and start from scratch beginning with fresh install of OA with Win Firewall off and no other security. If that works then I can proceed with EA...and let Emsisoft know that they need to specify the order of installation. OR my other option would be to dump both programs and find another way to protect my computer... I'm really at the point of deciding this isn't worth the time or trouble. So what would you advise?

Laurie

Sorry, I'm not sure what to suggest :( You can try installing OA first and then EAM, but as I haven't yet heard of anyone else reporting the same problem, I have no idea whether it will make a difference.

Hi Laurie

I would go along with what catprincess has suggested, it will most likely work.

Uninstall both OA and EAM and reboot twice.

Then install OA first and then EAM (I did it in this order and had no problems) Don't bother turning Windows Firewall off and on , OA does that automatically. Make sure when asked by OA that you trust EAM and tell OA to remember the decision.

You don't have any other security software installed do you?

Let us know how you get on, then you can go for a lie down to recover :)

Success! Thanks for your help. I wiped my system completely clean of both programs and then reinstalled OA first and then after a couple of reboots EA. Since they're both behaving for the moment, I am going to plop myself down in front of the TV and relax. Thanks soooo much for your help!!!

Laurie