Torrent alert

Hi Jose,

You should not see any Alerts if Mamutu is in “Normal Mode” (we talking about µTorrent client now)

But you should receive 4 Alerts only if Mamutu is in “Paranoid Mode”, which I allowed and respective rule was created.

Alerts (not a precise quotes):

- ”... Backdoor … ”

- ”... Auto- Start ...”

- ”... Hidden transfer from Internet ...”

”.... invisibly send data to Internet”

, which is correct - all that is going on in the background

- you are sending requests in order to find different peers / trackers ;

- you are downloading from many different locations (through one forwarded port though in µTorrent)

- when you are seeding, different files (pieces) being uploaded from your shared directory depending on current demand by other users out there

As a result the following rule is correctly reflecting the situation (see attached image)plus there is Modify Autorun down below ,... which can be disabled when you are not running µTorrent on system's startup (some users do)

That's how I see it

My regards

You are welcome, Jose

I hope you set it up correctly re: security

Well, as far as I know, you had comprehensive tutorials concerning µTorrent for Comodo F-wall

reading µTorrent & Comodo forums

In the nearest past here on my PCs and including many users that I know and who are still using OA at the moment - µTorrent was & is working fine

There are no questions at all currently running µTorrent extensively here in conjunction with Mamutu and EAM on both 32bit XP & win 7 x64

Cheers!

Well, as far as I know, you had comprehensive tutorials concerning µTorrent for Comodo F-wall

Yes, thanks to Comodo's and OA's forums I now feel at ease (most of the times) configuring applications rules in FWs. But, when I know I have several active connections to other PCs, and even if I'm sure everything is properly set up, I'm always a bit nervous.

Yes, thanks to Comodo's and OA's forums I now feel at ease (most of the times) configuring applications rules in FWs. But, when I know I have several active connections to other PCs, and even if I'm sure everything is properly set up, I'm always a bit nervous.

You should not be "nervous" at all when following the rules & as soon as you do - you are fine

"several active connections" :blink: what that suppose to mean? How many connections (may I ask you) do you have using just searching & visiting sites ? The latter could be indeed dangerous when accessing any given site ...

, but not downloading stuff using bitTorrent protocol , which is the most reliable concerning security ... hmmm...

Well... you have to investigate some things "prior to" & then "afterwards" when using P2P, but that is a different matter

Definitely, nobody would encourage you or anyone else to download illegal content

My regards

"several active connections" :blink: what that suppose to mean?

When using Utorrent.

but not downloading stuff using bitTorrent protocol , which is the most reliable concerning security

Before I did my first torrent download (Azureus back then) I extensively researched what a Torrent was, what a client and a tracker was, what type of connections, protocols, ports it used, etc.

Then, and only then, I started using the service.

But, the idea of being connected to other PCs still give me the creeps although I know I've configured Utorrent, I've configured OA. I've nothing to fear.

That's paranoia (or the bottle of Whisky).