Sign in to follow this  
djf1

Slow Boot & SignalAndWaitForAnswerEx - TIMEOUT Errors

Hi,

I installed OA Free version 5.0 recently and since then my PC takes 5-15 minutes to completely boot. Whilst it is booting everything hangs (even the clock on the desktop does not update whilst the boot is completing) as it looks like something is taking 100% CPU.

Once it has completely booted, the system operates as normal.

I have run my anti virus (AVG) software, anti-malware software and anti root kit software and nothing is being detected

When I look in the OA history, I see a number of Program Guard: Kernel Event records with the above OADriver :- ...SignalAndWaitForAnswerEx - TIMEOUT, pid..., tid... records being created at the time of the system hanging.

Is it possible to identify what is causing these timeouts and/or why my PC takes so long to boot?

many thanks,

David

Hi David,

You could check though the list of programs in Task Manager to see if you can find a matching PID. You'll need to go to View -> Select Columns in Task Manager and tick "PID" in order to have it show the PID for each process.

I'm having the exact same problem,and it's only been happening since installing v5..........but it's sporadic.

The problem is that for the 5-10 minutes the computer is non responsive,even trying to bring task-manager up.

It's my understanding that OA does some sort of boot scan....................is it possible to disable that option as I would prefer if it loaded first?

This is getting so annoying that I'm seriously looking at other firewalls.

Please create debug logs as described here: Debug mode logs - how to get them.

Also save system information (All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Information), the issue is most likely related to hardware drivers.

Your feedback is important to help us solve the issue.

Thanks in advance

Well it seems that a Windows update was the problem and not OA,as it's loading properly now.

It was hanging after doing a hotfix.

They can't even get their own updates to work properly,what a company~