rijnton

Trojans and worm detected in Arcsoft TMT 3

Doing a scan with A-Squared Free I got the following report:

a-squared Free - Versie 4.5

Laatste Update: 11-11-2009 13:00:25

Scan instellingen:

Scan type: Slimme Scan

Objecten: Geheugen, Sporen, Cookies, C:\Windows\, C:\Program Files (x86)

Scan archieven: Aan

Heuristieken: Uit

ADS Scan: Aan

Scan starten: 11-11-2009 15:00:34

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre\Plugins\VideoModule\PlayDVD\UI\Media_01.aui Ontdekt: Worm.Win32.AutoRun!IK

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre\uMCEDVDPlayer.exe Ontdekt: Trojan-PWS.1286144!IK

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\Codec\BDAVNav.ax Ontdekt: Gen.Trojan!IK

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\Codec\BDMVNavFilter.ax Ontdekt: Gen.Trojan!IK

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\Codec\HDDVDIO.dll Ontdekt: Gen.Trojan!IK

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\Codec\HDVDNavFilter.ax Ontdekt: Gen.Trojan!IK

I bought a legitimate copy of TotalMedia Theatre and I cannot imagine it is infected. Can I assume that these are false positives ?

(Btw, doing an online scan for these files, only a few engines dtected possible malware)

...I bought a legitimate copy of TotalMedia Theatre and I cannot imagine it is infected. Can I assume that these are false positives ?

(Btw, doing an online scan for these files, only a few engines dtected possible malware)

Hi rijnton, and welcome to the forum.

Please submit the flagged items to EMSI developers for analysis from the detection list.

Those could be FPs but we cannot "assume" (sometimes the legit files can be compromised by 3rd party infection)

Nobody can confirm that without analyzing the code that resides on you computer.

If you are suspecting FPs you have to send items to the developers of the Software vendor that produce flaggings (a-squared in this case).

Please ask if you have question about the procedure

{added} Have a look at this thread . There are advices/references regarding submission of the flagged items and investigating.

My regards

P.S. Please next time attach report(s) as in Posting Rules

Thanks Lynx for the quick reply. When I did the scan, yesterday, I already submitted the items as FP's, so I will wait for an update and do a rescan to check again.

You are welcome and thanks for reply, rijnton

I hope all will be sorted out soon.

I have Software from ArcSoft , which came with Canon digital camera

Cheers!